Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House Price Register

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

But this doesn't seem to outline anything about the property, whether or not it has had any improvements or even how many bedrooms it has.

properties i know/viewed/seen

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

But this doesn't seem to outline anything about the property, whether or not it has had any improvements or even how many bedrooms it has.

Improvements don't necessarily add value to a property- no matter what any salesperson tries to tell you........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Galego

smccarrick wrote: »
    Improvements don't necessarily add value to a property- no matter what any salesperson tries to tell you........

Not sure if I can entirely agree with that statement. An attic converted would certainly add value to the house, wouldn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

Galego wrote: »
    Not sure if I can entirely agree with that statement. An attic converted would certain add value to the house, wouldn't it?

Only if people in the market to buy a house in that particular area believe it's worth paying extra for it. That's what will set a price for a house, not the owner's hopes.

Galego wrote: »
    Not sure if I can entirely agree with that statement. An attic converted would certain add value to the house, wouldn't it?

It could reduce the value of the house if it didn't meet building regulations. It also might appeal to one prospective buyer but not to another. You can't assume that if you pay 20k for what you think is a wonderful loft conversion- that its added 20k (or indeed anything at all) to the end 'worth' of the property. The main reason for doing these type conversions these days are to facilitate those unable to move- trying to make their accommodation more suitable. Many people bought into the 'Starter Home' crap- never intending to live in their property longterm, and now find themselves in situations they never contemplated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭cork_south

Updated today.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,504 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

sometimes, houses have a weird selling price e.g. 306,453. Is this something with brand new properties because thats where I am seeing it or something to do with contents being a certain value/percentage?

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Ritchi

TheDriver wrote: »
    sometimes, houses have a weird selling price e.g. 306,453. Is this something with brand new properties because thats where I am seeing it or something to do with contents being a certain value/percentage?

Could be bulk buys. I've seen it a lot when a number of apartments in the same block are sold. Presumably NAMA properties

thats most likely excluding VAT

they are usually marked like so e.g €253,489**

** - not full market value or excluding VAT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

How quickly does myhome replicate the latest data to its website?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭orlaanne

oooh ouch just saw a house we looked at sold for about 20k more than we would have put in as last and final and they missed the MIR deadline by 4 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

I've seen a few places listed with addresses that seem weird. e.g. Kilkenny December.This seems to defeat purpose of the register.. is there anyway of finding out what real address this relates to.

20/12/2012€150,000.00Property Described in Folio 12058F., Co Kilkenny20/12/2012€116,000.00Property Described in Folio 21890F, Co Kilkenny

• Registered Users Posts: 12,504 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

orlaanne wrote: »
    oooh ouch just saw a house we looked at sold for about 20k more than we would have put in as last and final and they missed the MIR deadline by 4 days.

I was noticing that, I wonder was the mortgage already drawn down for the property?

On the VAT exclusive thing, one was a once off and no stars beside it

On the VAT exclusive thing, one was a once off and no stars beside it

idk then, maybe they just wanted to be different :)

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭johnp001

I've seen a few places listed with addresses that seem weird. e.g. Kilkenny December.This seems to defeat purpose of the register.. is there anyway of finding out what real address this relates to.

20/12/2012€150,000.00Property Described in Folio 12058F., Co Kilkenny20/12/2012€116,000.00Property Described in Folio 21890F, Co Kilkenny

You can log into PRAI website at http://www.landdirect.ie/eng/ and search on folio number

I think you need to prefix the folio with 'KK'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭xper

johnp001 wrote: »

You can log into PRAI website at http://www.landdirect.ie/eng/ and search on folio number

I think you need to prefix the folio with 'KK'
    When I saw the folio references, I presumed that these were being used to definitively describe rural sites with vague addresses. However, they're both bog-standard housing estate homes in Kilkenny city. There is absolutely no reason why the solicitor could not have submitted the details with the full address. s this is a deliberate ploy to avoid having this transaction turn up in search results in the future?

For the amount of time it took to see the light of day, this PPR really is a sloppy thrown-together effort. Why aren't all transactions compelled to include the relevant land registry folio in addition to a plausible address and have it all integrated on a single searchable map. Most of the work has already been done. Of course, a plausible address could be a verifiable address if we had a feckin' postcode system in place....

just looking at the PPR today, there were 1197 properties sold in december in dublin compared to 108 properties sold up unto the 18th of january, i wonder if the MIR abolishment is effecting sale quantity already? i suspect a very quiet first half to this year but it will probably make it hard to compare data if nothing is being sold.

In other news AIB announced it will be doubling its lending for mortgages this year so maybe there maybe some pick up of sales, not necessarily prices?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

davet82 wrote: »
    just looking at the PPR today, there were 1197 properties sold in december in dublin compared to 108 properties sold up unto the 18th of january, i wonder if the MIR abolishment is effecting sale quantity already? i suspect a very quiet first half to this year but it will probably make it hard to compare data if nothing is being sold.

In other news AIB announced it will be doubling its lending for mortgages this year so maybe there maybe some pick up of sales, not necessarily prices?

Are the dates entered into the PPR the date the property sold (and what does that actually mean...contracts signed? Keys handed over?) or just the date when the solicitor enters the info into the PPR? For example, a friend purchased a house mid last year, it closed just in Dec, but is not yet on the PPR. I suspect when it does come up, it will be with a 2013 date.

I'm not surprised with large numbers in Dec, as it would be people from Sept, Oct, Nov getting in before the end of MIR.

mel.b wrote: »
    Are the dates entered into the PPR the date the property sold (and what does that actually mean...contracts signed? Keys handed over?) or just the date when the solicitor enters the info into the PPR? For example, a friend purchased a house mid last year, it closed just in Dec, but is not yet on the PPR. I suspect when it does come up, it will be with a 2013 date.

I'm not surprised with large numbers in Dec, as it would be people from Sept, Oct, Nov getting in before the end of MIR.

I'm don't know the answer to those questions tbh i just presumed it was the closing date, anybody confirm?

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Ritchi

Mine was when the sale went through, on the closing date. Took a few weeks to show up.

• Advertisement

Its the closing date of sale, as advised by the purchaser's solicitor on the registration of deeds. Thankfully they're a lot faster at doing this now, than they were during the boom.

Ok i've just noticed that on PPR on the last two updates in January on the register have increased transactions/new entries in november/december, I thought once it moved on to another month all the houses were listed but obviously not...

how hard is it to enter this data on time or could be the closing date was in decemeber and the information is only passed on in january or febuary then?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

PPR is based on closing date

My own purchase closed in Dec but didnt appear in the Dec PPR until January

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭cork_south

Updated just now.

Register Last Updated: 14/02/2013 11:08:42

Updated: 21/02/2013 14:57:50

Updated: 27/02/2013 10:47:43

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Cool Rider

Just noticed that for the 1st 2 months sales are way down in 2013. I know we are missing 2 days data but these figures are from Dublin only and you can clearly see what a 27% drop in sales mean. With MIR gone no one is killing each other for houses plus EAs have put up prices to keep up the momentum gained in 2nd half of last year which is further discouraging buyers to move in. Interesting setup- my prediction we will see same affect like we saw in 2nd half of 2011-prices tumbling /\

Year Sales YOY diff.
    2013 627 -27.4%
    2012 864 30.5%
    2011 662 -24.6%
    2010 878 N.A.

_________
    Also looking by quarter we will get 2011 trend which will again lead to price crash in 2nd half of this year.

Quarter Sales YOY diff. By Qtr
    2010-Q1 1425 -
    2010-Q2 1803 -
    2010-Q3 1995 -
    2010-Q4 1674 -
    2011-Q1 1062 -25%
    2011-Q2 1227 -32%
    2011-Q3 1657 -17%
    2011-Q4 1878 12%
    2012-Q1 1410 33%
    2012-Q2 1926 57%
    2012-Q3 2302 39%
    2012-Q4 3083 64%

YOY diff. By Qtr- Figures against same quarter last year

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭EricPraline

Cool Rider wrote: »
    Just noticed that for the 1st 2 months sales are way down in 2013. I know we are missing 2 days data but these figures are from Dublin only and you can clearly see what a 27% drop in sales mean. With MIR gone no one is killing each other for houses plus EAs have put up prices to keep up the momentum gained in 2nd half of last year which is further discouraging buyers to move in.
    It's probably worth factoring in the supply issue here. Fewer properties for sale compared to this time last year is very likely to be correlated with fewer sales YOY.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Cool Rider

Well supply is there its held by Nama and banks mostly and then by some pvt. sellers who need to sell and nobody in this group can with hold it for infinite amount of time.
    On the demand side people are deferring their plans to buy and opting to rent, to some level it is because they can't raise enough mortgage.
    So there is a stale mate which will break in late 2013 or in 2014 simply because their isn't enough cash with Nama/banks to hold these forever given the state of govt.

• Advertisement

Cool Rider wrote: »
    Just noticed that for the 1st 2 months sales are way down in 2013. I know we are missing 2 days data but these figures are from Dublin only and you can clearly see what a 27% drop in sales mean.

also take into account alot of sales do not appear for january/febuary until april even depending on when they recieve the closing date from the solicitors

Advertisement