Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House Price Register

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

flintash wrote: »
    Its weird, cause lads got emailed replay even this week with confirmation of release date this month. Probably database is so shocking they change their minds at the very end :D

Or else whoever responds to the emails had no information and was going purely on what they were told before.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

If we all text Jonathon Healy on Newstalk Lunch he will mention it.

tweet
    @jonathanhealy

Text 53106

Let's bombard him :D

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭cork_south

It's looking like it won't be out until next week.

Charlie Weston ‏@CWeston_Indo
    @zylon9 I am told we will have the property price register next week - that should clarify matters.

cork_south wrote: »
    It's looking like it won't be out until next week.

Charlie Weston ‏@CWeston_Indo
    @zylon9 I am told we will have the property price register next week - that should clarify matters.

That is about probably the only useful thing that **** has said this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

was curious if it was theirs or not...this will be good for the economy! Sunday night we can all see it :P

domain: propertypriceregister.ie
    descr: Department of Justice and Equality
    descr: Statutory Body
    descr: Discretionary Name
    admin-c: APH643-IEDR
    admin-c: APH644-IEDR
    tech-c: DAD1-IEDR
    renewal: 11-August-2013
    nserver: ns1.novara.ie
    nserver: ns2.novara.ie
    nserver: ns3.novara.ie
    source: IEDR

person: Fiona Murphy
    nic-hdl: APH643-IEDR
    source: IEDR

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Zamboni wrote: »
    That is about probably the only useful thing that **** has said this year.

haha I couldn't agree more. Any time I read a Charlie Weston article I always have a big bowl of salt beside me :D

I don't know why I bother reading him as his analysis of the property market is a mix of fiction and delusion but I think over time his puff pieces on rising prices have become my guilty pleasure of dissecting his spin in my head, line by line, estate agent by estate agent.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭tanyabond

There must have been an enormous number of sold properties from 2010-2012 to type into this database with right index finger, otherwise they would have finished it in june...

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Iamhere

> Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2012 17:50:18 +0100
    > From: info@psr.ie
    > To:
    > Subject: FW: House Price Register
    >
    >
    > Dear Mr,
    >
    > the register will be available on www.psr.ie from this Sunday 30/9.
    >
    > Regards
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > NPSRA Mail
    > Mail-In Query
    >

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Number_5

Iamhere wrote: »
    > Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2012 17:50:18 +0100
    > From: info@psr.ie
    > To:
    > Subject: FW: House Price Register
    >
    >
    > Dear Mr,
    >
    > the register will be available on www.psr.ie from this Sunday 30/9.
    >
    > Regards
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > NPSRA Mail
    > Mail-In Query
    >

Great stuff. We should start a poll -> cost or no cost. I think they will charge something the lousers.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭maddragon

davet82 wrote: »
    i can see what your saying in 9 and half of your 10 points but wtf has the suicide rate got to do with anything :confused:

Because Bertie told people talking down the market to kill themselves :)

• Advertisement

The information will be available free of charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Balarrr Didiarr

I know it says 'house price register' but just wondering if it would include site info also? There's a development plot around the corner from where I rent & they are selling each site with the plans drawn up that are approved. Any possibility these sale prices could be included?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

Sunday? I will be surprised if thats the case! Be good if it does though.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭cmbutterfly45

It's still looking for log in details, is there a facility to register or will this just be there until it goes live??

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭irbx

i am beginning to think this wont work until tomorrow morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Mannix80

I got in there about 10 mins ago. I kept pressing refresh, probably 50 times and suddenly up came a website without asking me to log in. It looked a bit amateurish tbh.
    But I tried refresh again just now and im back to the login page again.
    I'm going to keep trying refresh for another couple of minutes, then i have to go out (test driving my new Nissan Leaf that I picked up the other day after ages of waiting and being carless for a month :)
    ). Hopefully after ages of waiting this site will be up properly by the time i get back.

EDIT,
    Must have hit refresh a hundred times this time and cant get in again. Its probably close though if I could get in once.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Catweasel

Maybe they are releasing it on a Sunday to prevent an overload of the system. In which case starting it during the all Ireland final would be a good way of ensuring a slow release launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,279 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

aaah really bloody annoying! How do you get a username and password - there's no option to register:mad:

I'm going for a 15:30 or 23:59 go-live time :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭irbx

i wonder how much it cost us the tax payer to develop this site. still just getting login option

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,210 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

Why would a website go live on a Sunday?-It's the most unlikely day of the week for anything to go into production. The only reason I can think of is that they absolutely had to get it done this month and today is the final day.

Why would a website go live on a Sunday?-It's the most unlikely day of the week for anything to go into production. The only reason I can think of is that they absolutely had to get it done this month and today is the final day.

Well they've put the actual date on the homepage so they have to release it today now - otherwise there'll be uproar - well, from me anyway:pac:

It's live lads!

WORKING!!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭uli84

yes, working but i dont find it helpful to be honest. still i guess something is better than nothing ;) maybe will improve with time...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭gaius c

I'll be damned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

It's designed to be extremely difficult to use, or else the creators were completely unprofessional in their understanding how a web search is suspposed to work. As it is, to run the search you are need to enter the year and month of the transaction and a captcha code. If you don't know the exact month you will have to repeat the whole thing a dozen or two dozen times as both year and month fields are required.
    So, conspiracy or ineptitude?...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,210 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

Does this mean that it's going to be next to impossible for other sites to mine the data and display it in a more user friendly layout?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Catweasel

Anyone know what the column "Not Full Market Price" means?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Red Actor

mhge wrote: »
    It's designed to be extremely difficult to use, or else the creators were completely unprofessional in their understanding how a web search is suspposed to work. As it is, to run the search you are need to enter the year and month of the transaction and a captcha code. If you don't know the exact month you will have to repeat the whole thing a dozen or two dozen times as both year and month fields are required.
    So, conspiracy or ineptitude?...
    You could always download the file from the "Download" button on the welcome page and use normal text searching for the address...

Advertisement