Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Bike, cheaper to buy in Ireland or Oz?

Options
  • 17-07-2012 4:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭

I'm moving to Perth with my wife and kids next month. We are getting all of our furniture shipped over and with this in mind I am wondering if it is cheaper to buy a new mans hybrid bike here or wait and buy it in Perth.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sponge_bob

anything that you have purchased in the last 12mths is subject to taxes and charges and import duties, not sure how much though:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭gent9662

ah they won't find out if i cycle it a bit before it goes into the container

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭dodgylegs

If your still working and can get the bike to work, i'd say its probably cheaper to buy it here.
    virgin will let you carry it over for free

http://www.virgin-atlantic.com/gb/en/travel-information/baggage/sports-equipment.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jackbhoy

Check out http://www.bikeexchange.com.au/ . It'll give you good idea of prices you can except to pay. Often very good sales over here, I got a Trek hybrid reduced from $1700 to $800 with a couple of free services thrown in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭gent9662

thanks folks looks like it's cheaper over in Oz. I already got a bike through the cycle to work but it was stolen.

So looks like I'll wait till I get over.

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭skipz

Bike are cheaper in Australia for what you get. I picked up road bike last week for $700, just under 600 euro. Would have paid well over a grand in Irealnd.

Advertisement