Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kings Inn: EU Law

• 17-07-2012 4:13pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭

I noticed Kings Inn are not examining EU Law as part of this years entrance exam. Is this always the case or is it subject to change?

Cheers
    Paky

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

They always examined those 5 I thought?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

The applicant must show that, in the course leading to the approved degrees, he/she has passed the following core subjects required by the Society:-

- Land Law (including Law of Succession)
    - Equity
    - Administration Law
    - Company Law
    - Law of the European Union
    - Jurisprudence

The Examination

The subjects for the entrance examination 2010 are as follows:

- Law of Contract
    - Criminal Law
    - Irish constitutional law
    - Law of Torts
    - Law of Evidence

www.kingsinns.ie/website/prospective_students/degree/degree.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭seb65

chops018 wrote: »
    They always examined those 5 I thought?

They used to examine Company, instead of 1 of the current ones, if I'm not mistaken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

OT but I have a conspiracy theory as to why GCD put Constitutional, Contract and Tort law all in year one - so we forget it all and have to pay for a prep course! :eek:

Criminal and Evidence are year two - definite pattern here me thinks!

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tom Young

Not sure they ever examined EU.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭paky

Thanks for the replies. Is it normal for students to sit the entrance exam in August immediately after their final exams in May?

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tom Young

paky wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies. Is it normal for students to sit the entrance exam in August immediately after their final exams in May?

Absolutely normal.

Advertisement