Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charity Shops

Options
  • 17-07-2012 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hey guys!
    My friend and I are planning a day out where we visit as many charity shops in Dublin as possible.
    The areas we're planning to hit so far are Dun Laoghaire, Rathmines/Ranelagh, the city center and Dundrum (not in that order). Does anyone know exactly which charity shops are in these areas and if there are other areas in Dublin with a lot of charity shops?
    I tried Google Maps but it wasn't very helpful, there were a lot of charity shops that I know of that weren't coming up.
    :(
    Any suggestions at all are appreciated, thanks!
    :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

They are the main areas, and Georges St. This thread may be helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭sallywin

Did them all in a day about 3 weeks ago, from Capel St. to Georges St. up through Camden St (which I found far and away the best) and then Rathmines. I got a gorgeous topshop bag and grey boots, both in the same shop, and then a t-shirt for a euro in rathmines. Worth it! But, took guts of about 5 hours I think and a lot of looking involved!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

For fellow chazzer fans!

?ui=2&ik=7060ef3317&view=att&th=138948662b51bc07&attid=0.1&disp=inline&realattid=f_h4qu0wp30&safe=1&zw

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 50 ✭✭rockclover1

Basically i want to know what were your best charity shop picks over the years i have had some excellent buys,just recently i got a pair of brouges and a light quilted riding jacket in green.In your opinion what charity shops are best to surf around,i find SVP and enable ireland good for reasonable pricing,but find near my town oxfam is terrible for pricing near in limerick reigon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

Lots of threads here, with suggestions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Some of my best finds were from the Oxfam in William st circa 1999!!

An Italian 100% wool 1970's swing jacket with receipts from a bar in London in the pocket!

A cropped wool mix 1980's jacket.

A full length wool mix camel coat by Laura Ashley.

A set of silver and brass crochet hooks and knitting needles.

A Rive Gauche black cardigan with red lining.

Nothing cost more than £30.

A 1970's patchwork large satchel.

Only the markets in Amsterdam topped that place!

Now its a case of pounding the pavements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Best I got was a pair of brand new New Rocks (back in the days when I was wearing all that stuff!) for a tenner. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13 anonymous2013

Im a big fan of charity shops,i will go into pennys and guineyes i dont do much brown thomas shopping anymore,maybe the odd fit on ebay and buy loads of stuff i dont need..

Im going on a charity shop run in dublin and would like to know the best charity shops there for pricing.

Some charity shops ive been in (like still elegant on the milk market in limerick) are atrocious for pricing,i asked the price of one top and she said 12 euros,and it was bauly as hell,there were baubles on it and even a small tiny hole!

I would like to know your best buys too,what youve come out with at a steal..

Recently i got a celine bag for 15 Euros,and a h & m dress for 4.00 at a steal and they look fab to wear together,i can dress them up or down for winter or summer months and they are in great condition..Not near to worn at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Charity shop threads merged

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

I picked up an Isabel Marant Momo jacket for €7 on Camden Street - I sold it on ebay a few weeks ago for €200 (it was a tiny bit small for me unfortunately)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,990 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Got an amazing beige Brown Thomas 2 piece leather suit many years ago in Enable Island on George's Street for the silly sum of €50- it's an amazing looking piece. The jacket alone would set you back a few hundred euro I suspect.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Edmond_Dantes

anyone know what charity shop copper face jacks leave all their coats into??

Advertisement