Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling Books

• 17-07-2012 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi folks,

Just wondering if anyone knows the best way to go about selling textbooks. I see both the student union and John Smiths are options. Anyone had any experience with either of these?

Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭Jayeire

In my experience I'd go with John Smiths above the Student Union bookshop. I brought books to the Student Union that were there months and never sold (they only pay you when someone actually buys your book).

Bring them to John Smiths, I think if you want cash you get 1/3 of the original value, or you can opt for 2/3 of the original value in a credit note.
    Think that's what it used to be anyway! Hope this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭DonnaMarieAva

Hi! Im hoping to go to UCC in September to do General Nursing or Midwifery. I was wondering how to go about getting the second hand books. And at what price? Also, someone told me that it would be better to get the books from the Boule library. Would that be better? Im really just hoping to save as much as possible! Thanks :)
    Hi folks,

Just wondering if anyone knows the best way to go about selling textbooks. I see both the student union and John Smiths are options. Anyone had any experience with either of these?

Cheers!

Advertisement