Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help With Bath Repairs - Leaking Shower Head...

• 17-07-2012 6:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to install a shower set in the bathroom.

Here's what things look like right now:
    1j0y6s.jpg

The instructions that came with the kit are very simple. They just show a picture of attaching their product to the pipe....which I've done.
    2zfing6.jpg

The problem - as you can see in the picture....is that water sprays out the top. It leaks all over the place!

I have a plastic washer on the inside, per the instructions, but I think the problem is that it's not tight enough. But when I turn it to the right - the pipe sticking out turns too! I can't figure out how to stop the pipe from turning and it seems to keep turning no matter how far I turn it.

Is there something painfully obvious that I'm doing wrong?

I have a some unrelated plumbing type issues I'll be calling in a pro to handle, so if this is beyond me, that's fine. I just figure the less I need to pay someone to do, the less it should cost.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Gary Busey

Is the washer damaged? if its spaying out then washer is not making contact with the surface properly.

Thats the obvious part, Try using the other end of the hose and see does it leak there. As for being loose, the threads only keep it heald tight and they dont have a seal but you could wrap PTFE tape around it if it holds better.

It would cost a euro for a roll in hardware. Keep fidling with it and youl get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Your missing the divertor. ie the part that diverts the water from the taps to the shower head. The divertor goes on then the hose attaches.

Thats why water is everywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Gary Busey

Your missing the divertor. ie the part that diverts the water from the taps to the shower head. The divertor goes on then the hose attaches.

Thats why water is everywhere.

cant believe i missed that. I was looking at it thinking it looked funny:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭UCDVet

Ah ha! Thanks everyone.

I've found the 'divertor' piece and things are working much, much better. Thank you

Advertisement