Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

unlocking 02 bill pay phone immeditatley

Options
  • 17-07-2012 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

hey so i am currently on three under bill pay contract. my friend is on bill pay under 02 and just got a upgrade and he does not want the phone. so my question is can he unlock the phone right away and then can i use it under my three contract. he got a blackberry bold 9900

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Yes just get him to request the NAC from O2, it can be available in his account via their website and if it is a bill phone then it is his by right as his contract makes the phone his.

Interestingly they mention nothing about the right of bill phone owners to the code, only about them getting a wedge of cash out of pay as you go users.

http://www.o2online.ie/o2/help/article.php?aid=55730

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Really this is interesting. I have just signed onto billpay (with meteor I'll add) as I wanted a particular phone without the upfront crazy payment. But I am going to Paris in October and had wanted to get a prepay sim over there (just for the hols with a little call and data on it) so as to not go nutters with my money on my own phone. But I was worried it wouldn't be possible to get the unlock so soon. Do you think I should try or just take the payg phone I still have and use that?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 mahad086

do u mean get the bill pay phone unlocked my metoer or those independent shops that unlock phones

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

mahad086 wrote: »
    do u mean get the bill pay phone unlocked my metoer or those independent shops that unlock phones

Meteor. I don't want to do anything to jepordise the phones warranty

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Yes just get him to request the NAC from O2, it can be available in his account via their website and if it is a bill phone then it is his by right as his contract makes the phone his.

Interestingly they mention nothing about the right of bill phone owners to the code, only about them getting a wedge of cash out of pay as you go users.

http://www.o2online.ie/o2/help/article.php?aid=55730

I'd say the carriers will disagree strongly with you there. Most have it in their T&Cs that a subsidised phone is provided by them, and remains theirs until the contract is paid in full.

• Advertisement

ya but can you get unlocked from one those unlocked store ??

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Cheapphones

You can unlock Blackberry for about €7.50 online..

Cheap enough!!

best webiste to unlock blackberry bold 9900 on 02 bill pay

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Cheapphones

unlock.ie is cheap anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

whiterebel wrote: »
    I'd say the carriers will disagree strongly with you there. Most have it in their T&Cs that a subsidised phone is provided by them, and remains theirs until the contract is paid in full.

but the European Commission disagrees with them, :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

but the European Commission disagrees with them, :rolleyes:

And have you a link rather than just roll-eyes?

Advertisement