Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

12volt 19 inch

• 17-07-2012 7:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 998 ✭✭✭

Ok, we bought a 19inch tv which is 12v compatable. The Tv says 12volt 4a 48w. it may seem like a stupid question but obviously we need an adapter/lighter plug thing to enable us have the tv on when not hooked up to mains in the campervan. Any ideas where to get this adaptor. The guy I asked in maplin was rude and I didnt even catch what he had to say, something about inverters etc etc.
    I have looked unsuccessfully for a definative answer, and would appreciate if someone could explain it to me without making me feel like a total twit! :o
    Thanks in advance,dharma200

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 998 ✭✭✭dharma200

Think I found the anser on a previous boards thread in that i will need to get a regulator... so the power supply has no fluctuations.. found one on the link in the thread costing 40 punds sterling. If anyone knows of a cheaper one let me know, thanks in advance, dharma200

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

I have used a 12V LCD TV in the MH with no regulator for the last few years and have had no problems (with and without the engine running). I imagine the TV is capable of taking some degree of voltage fluctuation.

However here is a link to a cable with voltage regulator on ebay for €12.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/12V-5A-Car-cigarette-lighter-adapter-TFT-monitors-TVs-and-other-equipments-/390425107919?pt=UK_ConsumerElectronics_PowerAdaptors_SM&hash=item5ae7265dcf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 222 ✭✭defike

I have also used my tv on batteries direct with no problems.If your tv is a dvd combi I wouldn't be so sure that the dvd would survive.
    The connector on that link would not fit my tv so be sure it will fit yours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭ste2006

If its a 12V TV then just plug it straight in, no inverter needed,

However when the engine is started the batteries are charging and the voltage is higher along with a lot of noise on the lines so i would only use it when the engine is off to avoid damage,

4A power draw is not too bad, about the same as my own TV but just keep in mind keeping it on for hours at a time if your running off the main battery

Advertisement