Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech CS250 externals bells

Options
  • 17-07-2012 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi, I have an Aritech CS250 that I am trying to get going (haven't used it since we moved into house), we have the user code but not the engineers code.
    I downloaded the manual and all looks OK except the external bells are not ringing!
    There are 2 external boxes, 1 on back wall & 1 on side wall & neither are ringing. Is it likely that both boxes need replacing or could it be something else?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

What way are the two boxes wired. At the bell and the panel.

hook a 12v up directly to the bells to see if there working,or use a meter.
    one box is prob a dummy anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 31 dillons

Thanks for the replies. I'm afraid I wouldn't have a clue about the wiring or know where to begin but my dad will be round later & I could get him to take a look at it for me, that's interesting about the second bell though, I hadn't thought that it might be dummy.
    hook a 12v up directly to the bells to see if there working

the 12v is this the same type battery as for the panel? 12v 7.2ah?

Thanks

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I wouldn't go trying to connect a 12 volt battery directly without knowing the problem.
    If there is a short between the positive and negative it won't be pretty.
    Use a multi meter.

Thanks KoolKid, I think I best leave it be! I just didn't fancy paying 260 to replace the 2 new boxes/bells! not sure where to go from here, was going to get a service but not much point without the external bell :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You should get it looked at and ask for a quote before committing to anything.

Thanks. was quoted 130 for replacing 1 external bell, probably fair enough just don't have that kind of money on top of the cost of a service!

What im saying is get someone to look at it and give you a quote first.It may not need a new bell.

OK, thanks for that

No bother. Lets know what you find out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

dillons wrote: »
    Hi, I have an Aritech CS250 that I am trying to get going (haven't used it since we moved into house), we have the user code but not the engineers code.
    I downloaded the manual and all looks OK except the external bells are not ringing!
    There are 2 external boxes, 1 on back wall & 1 on side wall & neither are ringing. Is it likely that both boxes need replacing or could it be something else?

Thanks in advance!

On the CS250 there is a bell test to trigger the bell to see if the bell is working. There are also re settable fuses in this system so if there is a problem when you trigger it, it will show on the panel then clear when the fault resets. Have you tried this?

Advertisement