Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Move social welfare payment...

Options
  • 17-07-2012 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi all, Im living in clare at the moment but will be moving to Dublin in the next three weeks to look for work. I am currently on Jobseekers and my question is. Is it possible to move your JSA payment to another postoffice in the country without re-applying, and if yes does it take very long to change post office?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

boxtie wrote: »
    Hi all, Im living in clare at the moment but will be moving to Dublin in the next three weeks to look for work. I am currently on Jobseekers and my question is. Is it possible to move your JSA payment to another postoffice in the country without re-applying, and if yes does it take very long to change post office?

Thanks in advance!

You will need to go into the sw office closest to you in Dublin and ask for your claim to be transferred. You will need ID and also proof of address e.g. tenancy agreement or recent utility bill in your name. You may be without a payment for a week or two depending on how quickly you can provide the documentation and how long it takes for Clare to send your claim to Dublin and how busy the Dublin office is.

Advertisement