Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Teeth Bleaching or Teeth Whitening? Is there a difference?

• 17-07-2012 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi

I really want to get my teeth whitened but someone told me i should get them bleached rather than whitening as its a better result. I didnt realise there was a difference, does anyone know anymore about it and if so, does anyone know where i could get them bleached as cant find anything online, only teeth whitening, laser etc.

Has anyone ever had their teeth bleached or whitenend and were you happy with the results?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

Same thing! The only difference you should come across is difference in the strength of the bleach. In office whitening (laser) is a much stronger concentration, the at home trays are a lesser concentratin but you can keep doing them so its better if you've sensitive teeth. Bear in mind, with the trays you can keep them forever and just buy more bleach when you want to whiten your teeth again.

There are whitening toothpastes that are abrasive rather than bleaching your teeth, maybe that was what that person was thinking about? Bleaching changes the colour of the dentine, toothpastes don't. Best thing is to go to a dentist and see what kinda results you can expect.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

no not really,but what i would say is be careful of teeth bleaching in salons as they can have a higher concentration of bleach and it can ruin the enamel of your teeth if it is any way weak..so watch out for that,and prices can be high,i would use nothing over 13% for your precious teeth,you only have them once so look after them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Scrappychimow

They are v good!
    Containing the same ingredients as used by top dentists these professional teeth whitening strips are clinically proven to be safe and effective, leaving you with a dazzling white smile!

http://www.whizzerwhiteningstrips.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Naomi00

It's the same thing, hydrogen peroxide is what whitens the teeth.

I used the Whizzer whitening strips and I thought they were really good although I only used half the box because I split it with someone else. I've heard that i-White is good too, I want to try that one the next time because it's quicker. They're both about €30 but I got the Whizzer ones for 25.

Advertisement