Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest taxi in Cork?

Options
  • 17-07-2012 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

Hi, I'm starting a new job soon, but i'm working from 8pm-12. the bus service stops at 11:20 as far as I know, so what's the cheapest taxi for me to get home? I'm working on western road and live around Tivoli/Mayfield, if you could give an estimate of the cost that'd be great aswell. cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I'm not sure how much it'd cost but I do know a fella that drops my OH to the airport about twice a month for a very, very reasonable price. I can PM you his details if you like :)

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Chris.Buckley

that'd be great cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

cycle!

SomeFool wrote: »
    cycle!
    cycle at half twelve, 5 miles and up tivoli hill? no thank you. and thats coming from a keen cyclist. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Steba

Satellite cabs are fairly handy. Their new app is really useful if you've an android or iphone! Wouldn't be sure on the price but it would be fairly competitive! Also there's a chance of a free cab that is actually out there, if you use the app

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Firegaurd

Im sure if you contact a cab company they would strike a deal with you for a regular fare. Thats the kind of business most drivers would kill for.

Steba wrote: »
    Satellite cabs are fairly handy. Their new app is really useful if you've an android or iphone! Wouldn't be sure on the price but it would be fairly competitive! Also there's a chance of a free cab that is actually out there, if you use the app

I've got a nokia brick unfortunately :(

cycle at half twelve, 5 miles and up tivoli hill? no thank you. and thats coming from a keen cyclist. :P

More like 5k, adding up 5 taxis a week along with your bus fare I'd consider it a viable option, my commute is 13k each way at different times of day/night and I find Cork a grand place to cycle about.

SomeFool wrote: »
    More like 5k, adding up 5 taxis a week along with your bus fare I'd consider it a viable option, my commute is 13k each way at different times of day/night and I find Cork a grand place to cycle about.

the distance is grand, and yeah cork is a grand place to cycle around, but tivoli has ridiculous hills, that's the deciding factor for me really. i'll give it a go one night, but I doubt i'll be able to stick them.

KHd33.jpg
    XppB4.jpg
    rBbVv.jpg

the distance is grand, and yeah cork is a grand place to cycle around, but tivoli has ridiculous hills, that's the deciding factor for me really. i'll give it a go one night, but I doubt i'll be able to stick them.

Just take your time, you'd be suprised how quickly you'll cover the distance even if you don't think so at the time, and how quickly you'll get used to it. Make sure you have a decent set of lights and for plenty commuting advice have a search on the cycling forum here for tips! Best of luck, save your taxi money for the really horrible nights!

• Advertisement
Advertisement