Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Broadband Availability In Limerick City

• 17-07-2012 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

I recently ordered the 100mb broadband & phone with UPC. However, I was told that my house had no cable wire at all - I live in a terraced house (Limerick city), and was told by tech support that the other houses have feeds running in, except mine for some peculiar reason. As a result, I could not get the service.

I am wondering if the possible scenario could work? - my neighbor has a working cable wire, and could split the wire in order to run a feed into my house, in order to connect the modem. I think I would need a satellite splitter to prevent interference, but could this actually work?

Could anybody help?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,472 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

What locality are you in? City centre?

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭neo2010

Well, I live near St Johns cathedral, and was told that the entire area is eligible for fiber power broadband.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

neo2010 wrote: »
    Well, I live near St Johns cathedral, and was told that the entire area is eligible for fiber power broadband.

Ah yes....

UPC claim that they have that entire locality covered, which isn't the case. The majority is, but a bunch of places around mungret street, johns street, old francis st. etc. aren't eligible, due to old cabling.
    There's a little bit more to it than that, but the gist of the situation is that UPC are being refused access to certain properties to replace old cabling and hang new cabling.
    Does your neighbour currently have BB with UPC?

Advertisement