Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ballyogan estate dublin 18

• 17-07-2012 9:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 231 ✭✭

hi all,don`t know if im in the right forum here but was wondering if anyone knows what ballyogan estate is like to live in???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

hi all,don`t know if im in the right forum here but was wondering if anyone knows what ballyogan estate is like to live in???

Depends.

Do ye like excitement?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

I live down the road, even thats too close.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Wrong section - be afraid!

(...Of the answers here!) :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭the keen edge

Tis alright once you can avoid the serial masturbaters roaming the place, although they're a mostly harmless bunch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 231 ✭✭jaspertheghost

jaysus!! is it a bad area? have 3 kids 13,10,2 ....is there any good parts of it?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

jaysus!! is it a bad area? have 3 kids 13,10,2 ....is there any good parts of it?

The exit areas!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

No, it's a ****hole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭thomasj

Meh it would be helpful if they could finish the construction. There's a road from leopardstown to there that takes you into a field, I think its been a while since that grass has been cut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Larry Murphy is known to frequent the area. I read.....somewhere

I once knew a girl from there. Didn't get a good vibe off the place at all. Rough as a badger's... you know what.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

Haha. Took a look on myhome.ie

One of the places is advertised with a "purpose built shed". Wtf is the alternative? Someone meant to build a house but made it too small? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

Tickets this way for the Ballyogan Express
    Come and watch pikeys making a mess
    Of the lives they were given by him upstairs
    And kids they're convinced aren't actually theirs

What sound on earth could ever replace
    Kids needing money and wives in your face
    Cos this, people reckon, and me included,
    Is why pubs and drugs were kindly invented

To calm us all down, stop us going mental
    These are ballyogan estate's basic essentials
    We are worth every penny, we're grinding your axes
    You sit on our head, but you pay the taxes

Imagine a Ireland without ballyogan buccaneers
    We'll come on your face for the price of a beer
    Make poverty history, cheaper drugs now
    Make poverty history, cheaper drugs now!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Looks fairly clean and spacious on Google Earth. Is it really a rough area ? It doesn't look nothing like some kips around the country.

Theres a road that leads out....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Depends on what kinda answers you want.

Tis alright once you can avoid the serial masturbaters roaming the place, although they're a mostly harmless bunch.

Aye, once ye keep the laundry basket away from the window and don't leave the clothes line unattended.

O, and good thick curtains. Bit of a nessecity.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

The good thing about those areas is they are cheap,and there houses that have been around a while,not a knock up job where the builder legs it when **** goes wrong..Theres probably plenty of shops/newsagents nearby,you wont have to drive a mile for a bag of sugar in another opposite part of town etc,or walk 5 miles for sugar like you would in the country..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I don't like it. Look at this fcuker with his fancy wall. It's not at all in keeping with the character of the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

I would avoid it this time of year with the Orange parades.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

I live quite close and in fairness OP it is a rough estate. The difference betwene it and the Gallops which is only seperated by the Dunnes Stores is massive.
    It has excellent transport links, shops etc., but it really isn't the best place.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

i had an ex from their
    long story short she was really weird

on the other hand
    its a grand place to live
    think of it has a posh place to live just a few more teenagers then their would be
    sort of half posh half scum ha but over all its very quiet

im from drimnagh ya see
    so im a hard man
    puffters

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Hey OP.

I would recommend posting in the relevant regional forum.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=175
    I'm told this is the right one:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=991

But I don't have a clue.

Also the general AH conclusion is that Afghanistan would be safer so I'd discount most of what you've heard here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement