Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can single mum of 40 cope with a second?

Options
  • 17-07-2012 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I found out today that I'm pregnant, having only had sex once in the past 2 months!! with an ex and used protection!!??....one of the great mysteries of life. I have a 7 year old son and he would love a sibling. but I don't know how to gather the courage to do it alone (father is happy and supportive but we are not interested in being together). Any words of encouragement? Similar experiences? I would appreciate so much. PS: I work.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Congrats :)
    It will be hard for you but hopefully friends and family will support you and it will be lovely for your child to have a sibling.
    I don't find pregnancy easy and the 1st few weeks with a baby are pretty hard but after that it gets easier.
    Good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

No doubt very difficult but far better situation than some other women. I think that you should absolutely go for it - reward will far exceed work. Agree that it would be fab for your daughter to have a sibling. And although babies are very hard work I think people tend to exaggerate how hard!! Both my boys have being very easy - I could just be lucky though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Ellsbells

highly1111 wrote: »
    And although babies are very hard work I think people tend to exaggerate how hard!!

Not necessarily.... I have a baby with reflux and its lots of work :(

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

Ellsbells wrote: »
    highly1111 wrote: »
    And although babies are very hard work I think people tend to exaggerate how hard!!

Not necessarily.... I have a baby with reflux and its lots of work :(

Apologies. Absolutely I meant once there's no reflux, colic or any other sort of problem / special needs

Advertisement