Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Achieving part L

• 17-07-2012 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi can anybody shed a little light on part L , are all new builds required to achieve partL , just started a self build and plumber has just enlightened me about part L , I have planning from 2010 which predates this and have read the document and am still unsure whether this applies to me , any information appreciated thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭Coles

The current edition of Construct Ireland is worth getting as it focuses on the Part L regs. My understanding is that they apply to you regardless of planning permission but I'm open to correction.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Dave110

Coles wrote: »
    The current edition of Construct Ireland is worth getting as it focuses on the Part L regs. My understanding is that they apply to you regardless of planning permission but I'm open to correction.
    Thanks will check it out , no doubt it won't be the last question I have!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,321 ✭✭✭✭muffler

This is the transitional arrangement quoted from here which will apply in your situation:

2008 Part L requirement will apply ......."where planning approval or permission has been applied for on or before 30 November 2011 and substantial work has been completed by 30 November 2013"

So you have 16 months to get a bit of work done :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Dave110

muffler wrote: »
    This is the transitional arrangement quoted from here which will apply in your situation:

2008 Part L requirement will apply ......."where planning approval or permission has been applied for on or before 30 November 2011 and substantial work has been completed by 30 November 2013"

So you have 16 months to get a bit of work done :)
    Thanks for reply , much appreciated, 16 months sounds reasonable , well that's if it stops raining !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭brdboard

As Muffler said, Part L 2008 requirements will still have to be met.
    Might be worth your while trying to meet Part L 2011 though. Better insulated home should be cheaper to run in the long run.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭sinnerboy

Dave110 wrote: »
    Thanks for reply , much appreciated, 16 months sounds reasonable , well that's if it stops raining !!!

To clarify - you have to Comply with Part L 2008. Not easy.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,863 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Dave110 wrote: »
    Hi can anybody shed a little light on part L , are all new builds required to achieve partL , just started a self build and plumber has just enlightened me about part L , I have planning from 2010 which predates this and have read the document and am still unsure whether this applies to me , any information appreciated thanks

as others have stated, your minimum standard is part l 2008 compliance.

teh only way you can check to see if you comply with this is to get a provisional BEr assessment done 'off the plans + specs'

Advertisement