Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best value builders providers in limerick

• 17-07-2012 10:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 308 ✭✭

Hi guys recently moved near town and im wondering where is the best place to go for timber building material etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Ballysimon road has a few builders providers. Not sure if cheaper than others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

Ballysimon road has a few builders providers. Not sure if cheaper than others.

Just make sure youve "time on your hands" if you visit buckleys...always had good prices but poor service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,339 ✭✭✭✭phog

I've found that the co-op stores are usually better value than the builder providers.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Cloud89

Doesnt seem to be many left in Limerick all i can think of locally now is Buckleys and McMahons both seem to be nationwide, but if your looking to support local McMahons are a Limerick company.

Check out there websites
    www.heitonbuckley.com
    and
    www.mcmahons.ie

If your based more west, you always have tadhg O Connors in Rathkeale who has been supplying the west with ever it needs for years

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Beaver1

if you want timber you cant beat Mcmahons for the quality but as for price, get a price from 1 and then go to the other and see if they can beat it, its a buyers market at the moment so make sure you haggle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭BlueDrax

Irish Wire on the Dock Road.

http://www.irishwire.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 308 ✭✭jakko86

Thanks guys used mcmahons and rang sales for a price on material so i dont get shop prices. thanks for the help.

Advertisement