Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone tried one of Argos greenhouses?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Heroditas

I'd be interested in other people's views too.
    Currently trying to source a 5ft x 8ft glasshouse but only greenhouses.ie and glasshouses.ie seem to stock that size and there's a 6-8 week lead time to get them.
    Wouldn't mind knowing if anyone has any other places they could recommend.
    I've tried B&Q, Woodies etc and a few garden centres but they all seem to do just the regular-sized glasshouses.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 jjjj1964

The photos in the Argos brochure are misleading as they show clear glass whereas polycarbonate is not as clear as glass. Topline stores stock Halls polycarbonate greenhouses (6x8) at pretty good prices.

5x8 is an unusual size. You need to allow space around the outside of a greenhouse to clean and repair it also. Polydome supply this size too. Lead time is 5 weeks. If you go for a 5x6 (Eden Countess) the lead time will be just a couple of weeks. Id recommend using silicone to glue the polycarbonate to the frame with an Eden. The 5x8 is a Streamline from Elite, it has bar capping available which is a must with polycarbonate. The Elite Streamline is 6mn polycarbonate, the Countess might be 4mm, I'm not sure.. Give Polydome a shout as we supply both on 057 912 0424.

jjjj1964 wrote: »
    5x8 is an unusual size. You need to allow space around the outside of a greenhouse to clean and repair it also. Polydome supply this size too. Lead time is 5 weeks. If you go for a 5x6 (Eden Countess) the lead time will be just a couple of weeks. Id recommend using silicone to glue the polycarbonate to the frame with an Eden. The 5x8 is a Streamline from Elite, it has bar capping available which is a must with polycarbonate. The Elite Streamline is 6mn polycarbonate, the Countess might be 4mm, I'm not sure.. Give Polydome a shout as we supply both on 057 912 0424.

I was actually in touch with a very friendly and helpful lady in your team last week!
    She is due to contact me next week (had been using my work email and am off this week).
    I'll give you guys a shout - looks like only you guys and another site are the only places to supply that size in Ireland.
    Thanks! :)

Ended up ordering one from Polydome today. Hopefully it'll arrive in a few weeks. :)

• Advertisement

That's great, thankyou and the very nice lady says thankyou too.

Advertisement