Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tailor made shirts?

• 17-07-2012 10:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭

Is there anywhere in Limerick I can get measured up, pick out what material and design I want and get a tailored shirt made?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭djdunny

OP try somewhere like a dressmakers. Fitrite on Thomas st might be able to sort you out. I know they mainly do alterations but they may be able to point you in the direction of what you're looking for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭ZombieBride

john_cappa wrote: »
    Is there anywhere in Limerick I can get measured up, pick out what material and design I want and get a tailored shirt made?

I think camice (spelling?) on the outside of arthurs quay do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭john_cappa

djdunny wrote: »
    OP try somewhere like a dressmakers. Fitrite on Thomas st might be able to sort you out. I know they mainly do alterations but they may be able to point you in the direction of what you're looking for.

Yeah i was thinking of there or "sew and sew" on wickham street.

I think camice (spelling?) on the outside of arthurs quay do it.

Never heard of the place? Will do a lap of authors quay and see if i can spot the place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Never heard of the place? Will do a lap of authors quay and see if i can spot the place.

It's across from The Bailey, beside where Irwins was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

7Camaice, she does fitted ****s, I was asking her today about them! Some very good ones there. And lovely girl too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Could try Billy Higgins on Sarsfield Street too.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Gazza1000

There is a tailor who is based in the Leamy building on Hartstonge street in Limerick by the name of Joe Clancy that might be of help to you. I've only used him for alterations however I know he makes suits so I'm assuming he would tailor shirts also... Ground floor, to the right, JoanneRoss fashions is the trading name

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 94 ✭✭ObviouslyJesus

i thought i was the only ones who wore tight shirts john ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Tony Browne is a shirtmaker. Who he? Well, people might remember him from doing a local history radio show (maybe he still does?), Trouble is I don't know precisely where he lives these days, think he's in Ballinacurra Gardens/Greenfields.

His wife, Maeve, runs a small hair salon right next to Austin Quinlivans on Hyde Rd. at the corner just down from the main Bus Station exit. Sure she'd tell you if he's still in the shirtmaking business.

• Advertisement

Some good leads to check out so!

Had a load of shirts made abroad a few years back and they were top notch. All worn now and any other shirt i buy is never as well fitted. Awkward shape. Broad shoulders, wide back, short arms, short body lol

Gazza1000 wrote: »
    There is a tailor who is based in the Leamy building on Hartstonge street in Limerick by the name of Joe Clancy that might be of help to you. I've only used him for alterations however I know he makes suits so I'm assuming he would tailor shirts also... Ground floor, to the right, JoanneRoss fashions is the trading name

From scratch he makes them?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Gazza1000

I would imagine so.. I'll PM you a number for him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 94 ✭✭ObviouslyJesus

Some good leads to check out so!

Had a load of shirts made abroad a few years back and they were top notch. All worn now and any other shirt i buy is never as well fitted. Awkward shape. Broad shoulders, wide back, short arms, short body lol

big guns though john ;)

big guns though john ;)

If only i had the tan to match......:p

Advertisement