Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UPC service request

• 17-07-2012 10:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭

Anyone have any idea who I would contact in UPC for information on areas being cabled in the future? I live just on the outskirts of Galway City on Rosshill Road and it's not cabled, every road before Galway Crystal is, and also right down to the railway track on Roscam estate, I'm stuck in the middle with crap low quality steel phone line and a max 2mb ADSL2+ service. I've rang sales to ask a few times but all I get is "your road will cabled in the future, but we have no date as yet". I've also spoken to a couple of UPC installers who said "no chance".

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,921 ✭✭✭zg3409

I would say no chance in the near future. They only seem to re-cable existing areas and don't usually install in areas never covered before.

You might be able to get MMDS TV from them, using a mesh dish mounted on the roof, but that does not give phone line nor broadband and TV service is limited.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭WillyFXP

I'm aware of MMDS, it's ****e, I have sky anyway. I'm not after opinions as to whether my Road may or may not be cabled, I'm asking if anyone knows who to contact in UPC to get a difinitve answer as the monkeys in sales and so called tech support haven't got it on their flow chart answer sheets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Customer Care are the only department that will talk to you about it. Their info is limited. They will NOT connect you to the NOC.

From experience, ANY dates you are given must be treated with a huge dumper truck of salt. You won't get anything other than a vauge, somepoint in the near future. Some may say that this is said vague enough to get you the feeling that it will be soon so you won't go to some other provider contract. A couple of years ago, Chorus broadband was coming to naas, in the coming months.... for years.

Alternatively, check out the maps on this baby. It''ll be updated some point in the near future.

Advertisement