Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ipod Repair in Dublin

• 17-07-2012 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I need to get my ipod repaired as it is in the REcovery mode loop and will not restore back to factory settings. It is out of warranty and I need to find a good ipod repair centre that will mend my ipod for an affordable price. I have read of several stories on here that mention there is several places that I shold avoid. Can anyone recommend somewhere I can get it fixed and places to avoid. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Maybe I can save you a few quid
    couple of quick questions
    What model is it?
    Was it water damaged?
    When did it enter recovery mode?
    Have you tried restoring your hosts file/deleting the apple record from your hosts file, flush your DNS/reboot your computer and restore?
    If the above didn't work have you tried entering DFU mode and restoring?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Buzbybumble

Hello

I have an ipod classic 160GB and it wasn't water damaged. I set it to recovery mode after having problems with the ipod that it kept resetting itself (it would show the apple icon then restart) and when I plugged it into itunes it said in windows that there was problem with the disc and so let windows repair the disc. I then put it on recovery mode but everytime I plug it into itunes now it just keeps saying that it is in recovery mode. The ipod will occasionally switch itself off and the apple icon appears and then goes back to normal. I can go into the ipod but obviously there is nothing to play. I have tried to put it into Disk mode and into Diagnostics mode but to no avail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Ah thought it was an ipod touch.
    It could be the battery but I'd have thought it should still restore so I'd be leaning towards the HDD
    I found the ipod classics HDDs die quite easily and are usually more to replace than its worth
    try these guys though
    http://www.parts4ipods.com/epages/es115703.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/es115703_shop/Products/160REP

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Buzbybumble

Thanks for the help

Advertisement