Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hitting the wall/vaping flavor

Options
  • 17-07-2012 11:30pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Slowly over the last couple of weeks, I've noticed my taste in all my juices has started to diminish.

If I use White Coffee/Strawberry milkshake/Cola for a while, the flavor slowly dips off, and it gets to a stage where I just can't really taste anything...it's a bit annoying, as now I'm having to carry around a couple of bottles of juice and things to refill my tanks and so on.

Anyone got any tips on how to improve flavor?

I'm using a mixture of juices, PG, VG, and 50/50, and they are all pretty much the same.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i dont think it's the juices it's just your tastebuds

same **** happens to me all the time, last week when i was considering quitting vaping it was because I was recoiling my RDA every half hour and had chain vaped so much over the course of the day that I couldn't taste a damn thing any more. got more wick/wire today, made up a coil and I'm in flavour country but I'm making sure not to chain vape too much.

I found some menthol juices reset my tastebuds some times.. irishvapers cliodhna or the inawera eucalyptus diy stuff vaped for a little while was enough of a shock to the system that once I drank enough water to get rid of the menthol taste I could taste my other juices normally again

brushing my teeth, gargling mouthwash even just eating something sometimes helped as well.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

I guess I am vaping a lot, 3-5ml a day....so that could be the problem, vaping one juice too much in a day....

I'll try some menthol as well and see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭achieve

I know some vapers are happy to vape same liquid day in day out, but I also find that my tastebuds get "deadened" after vaping the same eLiquid for an extended period (a week or so). For that reason I change flavour fairly regularly, and as such my favourite eliquid keeps changing. It fascinating the way a liquid I've gone off, when I return to it after a break, tastes great again.

Yeah I'll try changing the flavors up a bit aswell, I did kinda like the idea of filling the 5.5ml jtank in the morning, vape away till the next morning and then refill, but I'll have a shot at changing up daily.

I was planning on just picking one juice, and bulk ordering it. :-( sigh!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I get the same,especially if im vaping one flavour all day. In addition to the suggestions above, I find drinking plenty of water during the day helps a bit. When I have a really bad flavour day its usually turns out I haven't drunk much water that day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Looks like we all get that alright. When that happens I end up thinking of quitting vaping......I even bought a nicorette inhaler a couple of weeks ago cos I was so fed up. Waste of money!! Did absolutely nothing for me except give me a rotten taste!

I saw someone mention(can't remember where) that taking a couple of sips of ginger ale over the course of the day is good for cleansing the taste buds, I'll give that a shot.

Moved on to plain ole Strawberry this morning and it's lovely, so far, we'll see how it goes over the next while!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭kiffy

I've got so fed up with not enjoying the flavour of my juices that this morning I resurrected my old smoke green kit with my coffee cart, and first time in ages I have enjoyed a vape, throat hit is pi$$ poor, but good vapour and flavour's great, just can't find a juice with flavour I like, have ordered 3 new 10ml bottles from TBS to try new ones but their not back for another week (Watermellon, Juicy Peach and Pinacolada) just wish the vapefest was on this week so I can find a flavour I enjoy, spent a small fortune on my twist and LT and all the bits plus juice and I end up vaping an e cig again :(

I also got my wick and wire yesterday and tried re coiling my viva nova, what a bloody disaster, must have tried at least 12 attempts and not bloody one came out right, even when the ohm rating worked out around 2.5 the vapour was terrible in volume and taste, will have to wait another month until I get my Clockwork's RTA which looks easier and coil not so restricted in size to work with.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭sept09baby

How many different juices have you tried? Might be no harm trying some of the older ones you have lying around. Sometimes they're not great when you first get them but can taste completely different after steeping for longer

Now that ESI will be stocking the El Torro range it might be good to try them too. A certain person here swears by their juice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

Got pretty fed up with vaping this week, nothing seemed to be working for me at all, so much so that I joined someone in the office for a cigarette break, first one i had at work for almost 4 months (i'm guilty of having the odd one with a few beers) :mad:

However a package arrived from irishvapers this morning and all is good again, finally found a tobacco juice that i like so hopefully this week was just a minor blip :D

• Advertisement

sept09baby wrote: »
    How many different juices have you tried? Might be no harm trying some of the older ones you have lying around. Sometimes they're not great when you first get them but can taste completely different after steeping for longer

Now that ESI will be stocking the El Torro range it might be good to try them too. A certain person here swears by their juice!

I have tried Coffee (most horrible of the lot) Cherry, Banana (too sweet) Menthol (dry throat taste) tobacco USA mix(dry throat taste) Pear (not too bad only 10ml bot) Benson & hedges (dry throat). I have been mixing them up for the last few weeks trying to find a mix that might work and use up the juice, but only slightly less horrible than the originals.

As I mentioned going to try Watermelon, Juicy Peach and Pinacolada, don't know what they are going to be like. But don't like the tobacco flavours or anything too sweet like the banana, so don't know where my right flavour lies.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

branch out.. the TBS liquids are all dekang (apart from the liqua, but they're listed sepreately)

try e-smokeirelands juices or irishvapers whitelabel juices

try e-smokeirelands juices or irishvapers whitelabel juices

Has anyone ever tried the coffee carts with smokegreen? if I could find the same flavour that's in their carts I'd be as happy as pig in $hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭sept09baby

I hated coffee too and didn't take to tobacco flavours initially although I'm enjoying them now when I experiment. I found Dekang Apple and Strawberry good starting off when I couldn't find a nice tobacco. Found some tobaccos were good mixed with a tiny bit of vanilla or caramel if they were harsh. Otherwise you could try a teeny tiny drop of menthol mixed with some tobacco

Then I started ordering the juices from e-smokeireland and haven't looked back. Am going to give some more tobacco flavours a try again soon to see if I like them any more now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

It's such a personal thing isnt it. I can't stand the Dekang stuff - they all taste like chemicals to me and all taste the same. I don't like the ESI stuff either and most People seem to like them.

I like the Liqua and IV White label though. Must try the City Life stuff next week.

It's such a personal thing isnt it. I can't stand the Dekang stuff - they all taste like chemicals to me and all taste the same. I don't like the ESI stuff either and most People seem to like them.

I like the Liqua and IV White label though. Must try the City Life stuff next week.

Just ordered 3 Liqua 10ml bottles of Grape, Apple & Coffee, so that's 7 10ml bottles on order, bound to be at least one of the buggers I can find to my taste :(

If not I'll try the liquid on ESI. Thats just €42 spent for this month and that should be my lot, I would have spent €424 on cigs, not bad :)

Advertisement