Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you ever use song lyrics in conversation?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

Hey I just met you

And this is crazy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

so heres my number so call me maybe?(its my name) :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

I think this thread is turning into a musical.

There may be trouble ahead...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I use the lyrics of the Crash Test Dummies song every time I eat my dinner. Mmmmm mmmmmm mmmmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Diapason

This thread means nothing to me.

Oh Vienna.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Feathers

LH Pathe wrote: »
    this is gonna hurt a lot of people..

doesn't stop the 'working man' charging the biggest ticket prices I've seen bar Streisand - but even then she provided a plush setting, not like the rds! 'The Boss' may say so but you don't have to pay so!

Everybody's got a hungry heart. Bruce, has a greedy one.

The things you've said have got me real mad! :mad: They knew the castle they were playing in only had one narrow entrance. Some people missed half her concert after paying €200! It's been a long, long, long time since she played in Ireland (& may be the last time) & that's what she does to her fans, chose plush over practical — what matters most?

You think Bruce is in it for the money? His tickets cost around €65 and he normally plays over 3 hours with no support. I remember a summer in Dublin he played for 3 and half! How is Bruce a rip off compared with anyone else playing these days? Though I'm sure when your mind's made up there's no point trying to change it. :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

sing your words when you converse the lyrics just to make it that more disturbing for the person your chit chatting to..:pac:

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I did use the entire lyrics of So Long And Thanks For All The Fish as replies to various Prison threads a few months ago after being challenged to do so in the mod forum. I managed to do it undetected, but I think poor Jake La Motta thought I'd finally lost my marbles.

Other than that, it's not something I do deliberately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭trashcan

Probably off topic, but speaking of working things in, an ex boss of mine in the civil service had to write a speech once for a certain Junior Minister with a particular speech impediment. Part of the speech was to refer to someone called Roderick, so of course he determined that he could not pass this opportunity to work the phrase "welease Wodewick" into the speech. Did it too without the Minister being any the wiser. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I Bel-Air people all the time IRL, does that count?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

I just came to say hello.

Bye now.

Advertisement