Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Revolting anti-Irish march in Liverpool

• 18-07-2012 12:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭MakeEmLaugh

By now, many of you will have heard of the demonstration organised by right-wing nutjobs the North-West Infidels (NWI) this Saturday in Liverpool. These thugs are a splinter group from the English Defence League (EDL), ironically, formed by second-generation Irishman Stephen Lennon (alias 'Tommy Robinson')

http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/generationemigration/files/2012/07/brian5.jpg

They proclaim to be conducting an anti-IRA march in Liverpool this Saturday, yet the event they are disrupting is actually a rally for "Working Class Unity Against Racism & Fascism". The words "Irish", "Ireland", "Catholic", "Republican", "Sinn Fein" or "IRA" are never used.

http://liveraf.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/h.jpg

This is simply an excuse for moronic thugs to vent their spleens against their white Celtic neighbours, instead of members of the Asian community, whom they so often attack. They claim that "anti-British feeling is projected... by immigrant families from the Republic of Ireland"

They also claim, "these people are much like the Islamics (sic), they take take take with one hand and abuse their host nation with the other"(!)

This would all be laughable, considering the contribution hard-working Irish immigrants made to Liverpool and Britain as a whole, and the fact that the majority of the IRA who wreaked havoc on Britain were from Northern Ireland, not the Republic. However, these knuckle-draggers are capable of causing serious damage.

They do not have an official website, but they do have a facebook page.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/North-West-Infidels-Liverpool-and-Wirral/190747504303808

They could do with being told where they can shove their "Loyalist" march.

Comments

Those invovled in the march are no worse than the tens of thousands of Irish people who have spent the past week posting vile and disgusting comments about the people and country of Mauritius.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭skyflyer

Should I get the popcorn?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Those invovled in the march are no worse than the tens of thousands of Irish people who have spent the past week posting vile and disgusting comments about the people and country of Mauritius.

Yes.

Yes they are

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Probably much the same people who trashed Lansdowne Rd in 1995

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Ambient Occlusion

What is a "Sinn Fien"?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

It's a positive story. We're doing something right if a bunch of skangers like that don't like us. March on lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Any excuse for a march. Their type are obsessed with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭augustus gloop

are you remotely close to being right in the head:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

How so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Maybe they're the minority of Liverpudlians that are english and feel frustrated that it feels more like Ireland than england. Can't even shout for their national team!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 GunRunner

Agreed. And no doubt those same people who posted those comments about Mauritius will be going on about how disgraceful this is.

Yes, I think that having an anti-Irish march is disgraceful, but so is judging the whole of Mauritius over the actions of a few Mauritiuns.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 806 ✭✭✭getzls

A wee look on Google links this group more to the National Front, if any group at all. They are not E.D.L. backed in any way, the E.D.L. dislike the N.F. and will expel and N.F. members from their ranks if discovered.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Marcellus Jerome Clarke

I don't see the big deal here to be honest. If anything, they are standing up for the right minded Irish people who can't stand the IRA in any form who are the vast majority of Irish people. So I would say well done to them in that regard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭Fenian Army

Picked another confederate soldier as your username after your last account was banned?

You are rather lacking imagination and brain cells it seems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭ceegee

I don't see the big deal here to be honest. If anything, they are standing up for the right minded Irish people who can't stand the IRA in any form who are the vast majority of Irish people. So I would say well done to them in that regard.

In what possible way could that poster be interpreted as standing up for "right minded Irish people" ???

It brands all Irish people in Liverpool as dole scrounging RA heads for Christ's sake - did you even read the poster?

Plus they are doing so under the pretext of an "IRA march" that doesn't exist

I read the OP in reference to a IRA march. And you do have pro IRA marches in Liverpool. Looking at the page, there is a section on a band commemorating a IRA terrorist. So it does take place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭ygolometsipe

I hear Fernando Torres doesn't like to march, no marching in sunny Spain :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

So is the majority of those who have marched Scousers? I that was the case it would explain certain aspects of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

I read the OP in reference to a IRA march. And you do have pro IRA marches in Liverpool. Looking at the page, there is a section on a band commemorating a IRA terrorist. So it does take place.

You think James Larkin was an IRA Terrorist? Not that you had a point to start with but even if you did it would now be invalid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,720 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

i thought this NF ****e died out in the 80's

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

You think James Larkin was an IRA Terrorist? Not that you had a point to start with but even if you did it would now be invalid.

No, that poster clicked the link to the band of the facebook page

It leads to this blog that the band use
    http://jimlarkinrfb.blogspot.co.uk/

RIRA slogans on it and talking about prisoners of war in Northern Ireland jails

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Manco

As moronic as the anti-Mauritian crowd are, at least they're not planning to assault anyone.

Yes, covered in RIRA slogans. Do they support terrorism?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Bessiebee

Marcellus, you organising a bus :D ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭golden lane

ignore them....they will get fed up then...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

Well that's Liverpool off my places to visit, invest or spend money list !

That and the "scouse brow" ...and for inflicting Brookside on us to add to the gloom in the 80s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

thebaz wrote: »

Stupidity never dies.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭SharpshooterTom

Now this is the reason why I never considered myself English, despite being born and bred in England till I was 14 and and still speaking with an English accent still to this day.

I hope the anti plastic paddies understand what it was like for some of us in England occassionally and those of us who subject to this sort of crap "f*** off back to Ireland" etc. Don't get me wrong the vast majority of English people are good people nothing like these retards.

But the vast majority of English don't consider somebody with two irish parents, English, never have done and I know that with experiance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭ceegee

Yes, covered in RIRA slogans. Do they support terrorism?

Anything to indicate theyre from the republic? Very little support for the 32CSM outside of the 6 counties (not much more inside them either)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 806 ✭✭✭getzls

thebaz wrote: »

Sorry, i meant B.N.P. who are a follow on in ways from the N.F.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Manco

mikemac1 wrote: »
    No, that poster clicked the link to the band of the facebook page

It leads to this blog that the band use
    http://jimlarkinrfb.blogspot.co.uk/

RIRA slogans on it and talking about prisoners of war in Northern Ireland jails

Is the 'James Larkin Society' linked to the flute band though? It's being addressed by mainstream union leaders, so doesn't seem that extreme. http://www.searchlightmagazine.com/news/national-news/fascist-and-racist-threats-won-t-deter-liverpool-antiracist-antifascist-march-and-rally

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,720 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

getzls wrote: »
    Sorry, i meant B.N.P. who are a follow on in ways from the N.F.

is there a difference - i lived in england in the 80s , and racism from these nuts, is what true racism is - not trading insults during a competive football match , that the mainstream media have their knickers in a twist about - when these guys marched , there was real hatred

Manco wrote: »
    As moronic as the anti-Mauritian crowd are, at least they're not planning to assault anyone.

Quite a lot of those posting gave issued threats. A number have promised that if they meet any people from Mauritis in Ireland they will beat then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

The people on this march are the fringes of the fringes, not worth worrying about, football firm types attracted to Ulster Loyalism by it's macho posturing and image.

Most English people couldn't give a monkeys about the RA even when they were bombing the place.

Don't let it put anyone off Liverpool either, great craic at the weekends, good pubs,culture and friendly people who are very much like the Irish, a good percentage of them actually being of Irish stock, most Scousers have faces you'd only get over here ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭jdooley28

What is a "Sinn Fien"?

I really hate when knobs have nothing better to post so they look for a typo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Mahou

Liverpool and Glasgow are where hundreds of thousands of starving Irish flowed into during the famine and it´s these two cities where there has always being resistance. Both cities have a history of Orangeism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

You are obsessed! Why is it bothering you much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

dd972 wrote: »
    The people on this march are the fringes of the fringes, not worth worrying about, football firm types attracted to Ulster Loyalism by it's macho posturing and image.

Except that having a penchant for getting all dressed up in bright colours and blowing flutes is rather camp like a troop of majorettes.

Rasheed wrote: »
    You are obsessed! Why is it bothering you much?

Obsessed, hardly. Making a comparison between two rather disgusting and sad groups of people is hardly being obsessed.

Neither bothers me in the least, I couldn't care less if every major city in England had anti Irish marches not could I care if another Irish girl was murdered in Mauritius. As sad as either would be neither will affect my day to say life. I wonder if travel agents will stop booking holidays to England due to these matches or dies their grandstanding and desperate attempts to garner publicity only apply to countries where very few Irish customers travel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Allah Kadabra.. Death to the O'Fidels

• Advertisement

Obsessed, hardly. Making a comparison between two rather disgusting and sad groups of people is hardly being obsessed.

Neither bothers me in the least, I couldn't care less if every major city in England had anti Irish marches not could I care if another Irish girl was murdered in Mauritius. As sad as either would be neither will affect my day to say life. I wonder if travel agents will stop booking holidays to England due to these matches or dies their grandstanding and desperate attempts to garner publicity only apply to countries where very few Irish customers travel.
    I just don't know why you had to bring Mauritius into this thread. It is unrelated. The travel agents and the boycott are attention/kneejerk reaction but you seem really bothered by it!

If people don't want to go to Mauritius, let them off! I'm sure they were all highly travelled tourists, used of staying in 5 star resorts in the Indian ocean.

And if another girl is killed in Mauritius, lets just hope that you didn't know her, for fear day to day it would interfer with your day to day life.

Rasheed wrote: »

I just don't know why you had to bring Mauritius into this thread. It is unrelated. The travel agents and the boycott are attention/kneejerk reaction but you seem really bothered by it!

If people don't want to go to Mauritius, let them off! I'm sure they were all highly travelled tourists, used of staying in 5 star resorts in the Indian ocean.

And if another girl is killed in Mauritius, lets just hope that you didn't know her, for fear day to day it would interfer with your day to day life.

I brought it in to compare like with like. The people behind this march are bigoted, backward idiots who really need to catch up with the rest of us and start living in the 21st century. It's very easy to sit back and talk of how offended we all are by the march but as far as I'm concerned those behind the proposed boycott of Mauritius and those posting the despicable comments on social networking sites are every bit as backward and vile as those behind the march.

As for the not caring part, well the constant coverage of the murder, the trial and the subsequent outrage over the verdict has made it hard to care. People are murdered every day and there are numerous examples if Irish people murdered abroad who never had justice fine for them yet few people seem to care. The media have turned the trial from a two ring to a three ring circus and are going to continue to milk the story for the next while while relegating other more imporrant news to a a few quick lines.

does the murder of this one woman deserve more coverage and public out cry to that of any other Irish woman who has been murdered over the past few years? Does the fact that her father in law us somewhat famous to certain people make it more of a tragedy than any other murder? Much like the public out cry over Maddie, the media obsession with this case is nothing more than pretty white girl syndrome. I wonder if it was a woman from an impoverished area who was murdered while on say a booze cruise would people be so very outraged?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Nailz wrote: »
    So is the majority of those who have marched Scousers? I that was the case it would explain certain aspects of it.

Didn't take long for a stupid football rivalry themed post anyway.

I brought it in to compare like with like. The people behind this march are bigoted, backward idiots who really need to catch up with the rest of us and start living in the 21st century. It's very easy to sit back and talk of how offended we all are by the march but as far as I'm concerned those behind the proposed boycott of Mauritius and those posting the despicable comments on social networking sites are every bit as backward and vile as those behind the march.

As for the not caring part, well the constant coverage of the murder, the trial and the subsequent outrage over the verdict has made it hard to care. People are murdered every day and there are numerous examples if Irish people murdered abroad who never had justice fine for them yet few people seem to care. The media have turned the trial from a two ring to a three ring circus and are going to continue to milk the story for the next while while relegating other more imporrant news to a a few quick lines.

does the murder of this one woman deserve more coverage and public out cry to that of any other Irish woman who has been murdered over the past few years? Does the fact that her father in law us somewhat famous to certain people make it more of a tragedy than any other murder? Much like the public out cry over Maddie, the media obsession with this case is nothing more than pretty white girl syndrome. I wonder if it was a woman from an impoverished area who was murdered while on say a booze cruise would people be so very outraged?
    Yes, completely agree wih you that these acts of hatered is as vile and uncalled for as calling of Mauritian people 'dogs' and 'monkeys'. I also agree with you that the media coverage is intense with the murder trial but I honestly think people have such an interest in it, not only because her family are well known, but the sheer tragedy of it.

Now before you jump on me for, I'm not saying Micheala's death is any more tragic then another persons but perhaps the unfairness and sheer misfortune of it you know? I'm not going to preach to you, you know the details aswell as I do. Then the fcuk up of the investigation, then the dredging up of very personal information and accusing of John during the trial and then the photos. It's lumping shiite upon shiite on the family.

There are always going to be people jumping on the bandwagon and 'blame' the country, it's people and all the rest, pass no heed. But people are just pissed off, surely you can understand that? Please God the investigation will continue and the murders will be convicted but unfortunatly the media circus will go on until that.

And by the way, Mickey Harte, the Tyrone manage, is her father, not father in law.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

The Belfast to Liverpool ferry will be busy this weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

cannot think of a more stupid place to hold a ant-irish march,both liverpool and manchester are very pro irish,liverpool even once elected a sinn fien member of parliament,and manchester has a monument in cemetery of saint josephs moston manchester commemorating the death of people dieing for the cause,manhester martyrs,one in every three people in both cities have irish ancestors

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

getz wrote: »
    cannot think of a more stupid place to hold a ant-irish march,both liverpool and manchester are very pro irish,liverpool even once elected a sinn fien member of parliament,and manchester has a monument in cemetery of saint josephs moston manchester commemorating the death of people dieing for the cause,manhester martyrs,one in every three people in both cities have irish ancestors

What's the point in holding an anti-Irish march if there are no pro-Irish people around to antagonise...

... wait a sec... this sounds awfully familiar...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

The Belfast to Liverpool ferry will be busy this weekend.

Would it be really bad for me to go to Liverpool, and ask them what their position is on Cork people.

Getz what is the betting that most people on that march will have one Irish grand parent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

Would it be really bad for me to go to Liverpool, and ask them what their position is on Cork people.

Getz what is the betting that most people on that march will have one Irish grand parent
    there would be a lot , the last irish/english bigots that tried to march through liverpool was a republican one back in feb ,it was the commeration parade of sean phelan,he was a IRA republican member who was born in liverpool ,they turned up with a irish pipe band but it was turned away before it got to the liverpool city centre,notice the usual suspects do not mention that one on the threads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

getz wrote: »
    liverpool even once elected a sinn fien member of parliament

Think it was a Home Rule MP.

• Advertisement
Advertisement