Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camper Van Rentals Limerick?

• 18-07-2012 12:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just wondering are there any places that rent campers around Limerick? Looking to get one for the Electric Picnic weekend...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

http://www.vanderlust.com/

Might be leaving it a bit late though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Thanks, will look at that. Do people do it privately, or is that a whole other issue....?

As in, is it popular for people to rent theirs privately?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

seachto7 wrote: »
    Thanks, will look at that. Do people do it privately, or is that a whole other issue....?

As in, is it popular for people to rent theirs privately?

I'd check out donedeal for ads possibly.

Never though of that... cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Most of the companies won't rent for picnic, believe me, I've been looking. If you find one, let me know please

• Advertisement

cool, trying to sort out accommodation, and no idea what to do... camping, possibly, but it could be hammering down with rain...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭PeterStrauss The Second

seachto7 wrote: »
    cool, trying to sort out accommodation, and no idea what to do... camping, possibly, but it could be hammering down with rain...
    It add to the craic really, would much prefer to be on the campsites than camper/hotel/etc...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭djdunny

http://www.celticcampervans.com/

you could try these guys. I know they are not based in Limerick but they might be able to come to some arrangement.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭roseagra

I've done the picnic in the rain, it's not too bad, you just need to be strategic with your wellies etc in and out of the tent.....and get to high ground! make sure it's a half decent tent if you go that route, I have a little two man pop up I bought in millets years ago and it was plenty good for the torrents we had that year

have a blast

As long as I can have the proverbial "sh*t, shower, and shave" and a night's sleep, it'll add to the good vibes of checking out the festival...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Hi, there is a camper van rental site on the main Rathkeale to Newcastle West road, just after the filling station, beside the carpet factory warehouse. Can't help with name or number, sorry :)

Thanks a lot, will check it out... I think I know where you are talking about...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭Faing

Cara motorhomes at Rathkeale do hire them out but it is very expensive. This time of year the minimum rental is like 4-6 days at a cost of around E200 A DAY. 069 64400 if it helps. They are good to deal with for spares.

Advertisement