Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrade from Zyxel P-660HW-T1 v3 Eircom modem?

Options
  • 18-07-2012 2:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭

I've had nothing but problems with this modem from day one. I've done all the tests on it (as well as the suggested fixes), but I have the same issue as many others have (constant disconnects/timeouts).
    The only way I stopped the disconnects was by hooking up a crappy old router. Also, no other modem I've used has had the same problems as the eirom modem.

Are eircom still issuing this modem or do they have a newer one which they can send out to me?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Liamario wrote: »
    I've had nothing but problems with this modem from day one. I've done all the tests on it (as well as the suggested fixes), but I have the same issue as many others have (constant disconnects/timeouts).
    The only way I stopped the disconnects was by hooking up a crappy old router. Also, no other modem I've used has had the same problems as the eirom modem.

Are eircom still issuing this modem or do they have a newer one which they can send out to me?

Thanks.

Hi Liamario,

I have been looking in to your wifi connection issues. I am afraid there is no other modem that eircom supply apart from the Zyxel.

However I can see the broadband profile on your line is set to the maximum 12MB that the telephone line is capable off.

Would you be willing to try lower the speed to 10MB temporarily just to see if there is any improvement in the wifi connection.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

Hi Liamario,

I have been looking in to your wifi connection issues. I am afraid there is no other modem that eircom supply apart from the Zyxel.

However I can see the broadband profile on your line is set to the maximum 12MB that the telephone line is capable off.

Would you be willing to try lower the speed to 10MB temporarily just to see if there is any improvement in the wifi connection.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Mark,

That would be fine.

I'll update the thread if there is any stability improvement or if I'm willing to continue to sacrifice the speed decrease for stability.

Let me know when you've processed the speed change

Thanks.

Hi Mark,

That would be fine.

I'll update the thread if there is any stability improvement or if I'm willing to continue to sacrifice the speed decrease for stability.

Let me know when you've processed the speed change

Thanks.

Hi Liamario,

The profile has been lowered to 10MB. Can you monitor it for the next 24 hours and get back to me.

Thanks, Mark

Will do. Also where are you getting my landline number from :confused:

Will do. Also where are you getting my landline number from :confused:

You contacted us back on the 31/01/11 and was dealing with Ant & we keep a record of every case we deal with.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 14 Tabitha Tusdar

Thanks.

your old router is set in adsl1 mode... the new one is adsl2plus mode... your line doesnt support adsl2plus properly.... welcome to eircom ;)

i was given an eircom netopia 2247nwg router yesterday

it works brilliant.... not a single drop in connection all day..

if your getting constant drops with the zyxel router ask for a netopia router instead.

You contacted us back on the 31/01/11 and was dealing with Ant & we keep a record of every case we deal with.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Mark,

Well, unfortunately I am still getting disconnected. While it's not as often as before, it's still happening.

Would it be possible for you to restore my profile to its previous settings; or better still, increase it by a meg (if possible) in the hope of a middle ground.

Is there another router which could be sent out to me. One that also doesn't block network sharing.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭eircom: James

Hi Mark,

Well, unfortunately I am still getting disconnected. While it's not as often as before, it's still happening.

Would it be possible for you to restore my profile to its previous settings; or better still, increase it by a meg (if possible) in the hope of a middle ground.

Is there another router which could be sent out to me. One that also doesn't block network sharing.

Thanks.

Hi Liamario,

I have put the profile back to the previous setting (12mb) however I reckon it will also return to the same disconnections. What I recommend doing at this stage is call in to technical support and allow them to have a look at it. They can try some things that we don't have access to in here such as a remote login to the modem to upgrade the firmware. Their number is 1890 260 260 (open 8am - 10pm, 7 days)

Also, at that point you can request a Netopia modem instead if you feel this might help. There is no guarantee you will get a Netopia as most of them are simply reconditioned but you may get lucky like Tabitha Tusdar above. The firmware upgrade to the Zyxel may help in itself though. Give that a go and see how you get on.

Regards

James

Thanks very much for the help. Will update.

• Advertisement

Thanks very much for the help. Will update.

since i got the netopia router my snr has gone from 6db /18.5db to 9.0 db/17.20 db in the evenings

during the day it was 12db /17.20db

this is a huge improvement

Advertisement