Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BKC's Path to Power.

Options
  • 18-07-2012 2:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭

Decided it was the right time for me to start logging again. I was going to resurrect my old log but I'm a bit OCD so a new log for a new beginning. Didn't know what to call the thread so I named it after a Fifa Youtube series I am currently watching.

The aim of this log is for it to last longer than the usual few days and also make some money I suppose. I will be withdrawing profits whenever I am happy enough with the size of my balance as there a few things I want to buy.

I will be betting on a number of different sports - I am open to all types of bets and sports - but I will be mainly betting on football. I don't have many rules except: 1) Don't do anything too stupid. 2) Don't cry when I lose a bet. I will try give some reasoning for the majority of my bets.

I deposited €50 into my Paddy Power account today so that will be the starting balance. I will be including my bet from earlier in the log and counting it as my first bet. I will post it in my next post along with my reasoning and a screenshot.

Adiós.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I love each and every one of your logs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

kryogen wrote: »
    I love each and every one of your logs :)

Why? :P

Fun to watch them crash and burn so quickly? :pac:

Flora Tallinn vs. FC Basel.
    €50 - FC Basel to win to nil @2.10.

Champions League Qualifier 2nd Round. Basel were in the last 16 of the Champions League last season and are clearly a class about their Estonian opponents. Flora Tallinn failed to score at home against Shamrock Rovers and this stage last year and Basel are lot better at the back than Rovers. Basel are coming of the back of a 1-0 win in their opening league game. I also rate their goalkeeper, Sommer, extremely highly.

Screenshot of the bet as promised:

7593146674_c4b3bc9906.jpg

Basel won 2-0 in the end with both goals coming from the legend that is Alexander Frei.

That doubles my bank straight away and I also get a €50 freebet which will be added to my account tomorrow.

Balance: €105.00.

I don't want to bet anymore! €105.00 is a good round number and it's looking very well as my balance. Don't like having random numbers and cents. :o

As you will have seen from my terribly embarrassing attempt at turning €10 into €500 last week, I do love a low-odds rolling accumulator type challenge. So I will be splitting my bank in two -- well really I'm just taking a fiver away from my main balance. I'll be starting with €5 and betting on "bankers" at really low odds, rolling over the stake and winnings until I reach €500. It's quite enjoyable really. :)

Rolling Accumulator - Bet 1.

AEL Limassol vs. Linfield.
    €5 - AEL Limassol to win @1.10.

Champions League Qualifier 2nd Round. Linfield failed to score against the Faroese champions in 210 minutes so AEL Limassol of Cyprus should have no problem beating them at home today. The Cypriot league is streets ahead of the Northern Irish league.

I was considering backing AEL Limassol to win to nil but 1.44 is way too low for that particular bet.

• Advertisement

AEL Limassol comfortably beat Linfield 3-0 earlier so bet 1 is a winner.

Balance: €100 + €5.50.

Rolling Accumulator - Bet 2.

Spain Olympic Team vs. Mexico Olympic Team.
    67 minutes, 1-0.
    €5.50 - Under 2.5 goals @1.16.

Spain are 1-0 up so I can see them keeping possession and not trying particularly hard to score. Mexico shouldn't see much of the ball.

The Spain game finished 1-0 to Spain so that was comfortable enough.

Balance: €100 + €6.42.

Rolling Accumulator - Bet 3.

Leon de Huanuco vs. Universitario de Deportes.
    71 minutes, 0-0.
    €6.42 - Under 1.5 goals @1.10.

I'm also going to have a look at the MLS and Serie A games but I'm not pushed on making any bets tonight.

There was no goals in that last match so nice and easy again. Just how I like it. :)

Balance: €100 + €7.06.

Rolling Accumulator - Bet 4.

Deportivo San Martin vs. Cobresol FBC.
    89 minutes, 2-0.
    €7.06 - No goals @1.14.

Watching a stream and the game is pretty much over. Cobresol do have 10 men but it's been that way since half-time and Deportivo San Martin haven't scored a third.

Going well but calm down :) You wont win a grand in one night ;)

The last match finished 2-0 so bet 4 is a winner.

Balance: €100 + €8.07.

Decided to have a punt on the Brazilian matches after all. Just using my freebet though.

Gremio vs. Sport Recife PE.
    30 minutes, 0-0.
    €50 freebet - Gremio to win to nil @2.00.

Gremio have won 3 of their 4 home Serie A games this season, losing only to 1st place Atletico Mineiro. In their 3 home victories, they have not conceded a single goal. And as I finish they concede. Ah well, only my freebet. :)
    Going well but calm down :) You wont win a grand in one night ;)

Patience was never one of my strong points. :o

• Advertisement

Rolling Accumulator - Bet 5.

Gremio vs. Sporting Recife PE.
    74 minutes, 2-1.
    €8.07 - Under 3.5 goals @1.11.

Well my win to nil went out the window but Gremio have just scored 2 to go ahead. Hopefully they'll leave it at that.

Gremio score a 3rd in the 80th minute but thankfully leave it at that. Full-time: 3-1. Pity they had to concede but it was only a freebet anyway so I won't cry too much.

San Jose Earthquakes vs. FC Dallas.
    €20 - San Jose Earthquakes to win @1.57.

San Jose Earthquakes are top of the MLS Western Conference and have been really impressive this season. San Jose Earthquakes have an impressive home record (6-2-1) and on Sunday they handed out a 5-0 trashing to 2nd placed Real Salt Lake. FC Dallas are 8th (2nd last, on goal difference) and are generally terrible on the road (1-1-7). I can't see them getting anything off San Jose Earthquakes tonight who will have too much quality.

I think SJ should have too much for them but am wary as the last game was 0-0 draw, I got burned on that game :)

I think SJ should have too much for them but am wary as the last game was 0-0 draw, I got burned on that game :)

Dallas are better at home though - they've drawn their last 4. With just 2 positive away results in the league all season I can't see them getting anything off San Jose tonight.

Rolling Accumulator - Bet 6.

San Jose Earthquakes vs. FC Dallas.
    €8.97 - San Jose Earthquakes and draw @1.11.

Throwing both my eggs into the one basket but I'll quit gambling and become a fisherman if San Jose lose tonight.

San Jose Earthquakes won 2-1 so both bets are winners. They didn't concede until the 89th minute so it was comfortable enough.

Balance: €111.43 + €9.97.

Rolling Accumulator - Bet 7.

ASC vs. MEG.
    69 minutes, 0-0.
    €9.97 - Under 1.5 goals @1.14.

Finished 0-0. Heading out now and have a match later so won't be having any other bets apart from one Europa League bet for the rolling accumulator.

Rolling Accumulator - Bet 8.

Anzhi Makhachkala vs. Budapest Honved.
    €11.49 Anzhi Makhachkala to win @1.12.

I put on an extra 10 cent by accident. :o

Anzhi were poor but got the job done and won 1-0.

Rolling Accumulator - Bet 9.

KF Fjallabyggdar vs. Volsungur.
    74 minutes, 1-2.
    €12.93 - Under 4.5 goals @1.16.

Pure dodgy betting on unders in an Icelandic match.

I've had a look at the Serie A tonight and there's nothing that catches my eye. Nothing else to bet on either. League of Ireland tomorrow night though. :)

85th minute goal and 4 minutes added time but it finished 2-2. That's me done for the night - not much on and nothing of interest. Much better when the NBA is on as there's something to bet on every night.

Balance: €111.33 + €15.09.

Rolling Accumulator - Bet 10.

Incheon Korail vs. Changwon City.
    66 minutes, 1-2.
    €15.09 - Under 4.5 goals @1.22.

Will be having a couple of bets on the League of Ireland later tonight.

• Advertisement

Finished as it was. Just figured out the two League of Ireland games I was going to bet on are on Sunday, not tonight. Might still have a bet or two.

Rolling Accumulator - Bet 11.

Oakleigh Cannons vs. Green Gully Cavaliers.
    75 minutes, 1-1.
    €18.44 - Under 3.5 goals @1.12.

Rolling accumulator bet above was a winner - don't know what the final score was though.

Shamrock Rovers vs. Bray Wanderers.
    35 minutes, 0-0.
    €11.33 - Shamrock Rovers to win to nil @11.33.

Rovers really should have this one. Gary Twigg was badly missed. Didn't realise he was suspended when I placed the bet. That's the profit from the San Jose game gone but once I stay above €100 and keep the rolling accumulator going I'll be happy.

Rolling Accumulator - Bet 12.

Great Britain Olympic Team vs. Brazil Olympic Team.
    68 minutes, 0-2.
    €20.75 - Under 3.5 goals @1.20.

Butland had to make a few saves but game in comfortably enough with the game finishing 2-0. Thought Brazil were class - massive difference in the quality of the two teams. Brazil could have scored more if they really wanted to.

Really impressed with Butland though. One to look out for in the future - he will play for a top club.

America RN vs. Ipatinga.
    €10 - America RN to win to nil @2.29.
    €90 - America RN/America RN @1.90.

Home side are 4th in Serie B and have won 3 of their last 5 home matches to nil. Ipatinga are dead last with just 4 points and have lost all but 1 away match to nil.

Ipatinga got thrashed 6-0 Wednesday night and were losing 5-0 at half-time.

Rolling Accumulator - Bet 13.

Esperance Sportive De Tunis vs. ASO Chlef.
    65 minutes, 1-1.
    €24.90 - Under 3.5 goals @1.25.

And this is a perfect example of greed. 2 goals in 2 minutes. Home team score and concede a penalty straight away. Doing what I do best/worst and crying so changed the stakes above.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭paddymayoman

BKC wrote: »
    America RN vs. Ipatinga.
    €10 - America RN to win to nil @2.29.
    €90 - America RN/America RN @1.90.

Home side are 4th in Serie B and have won 3 of their last 5 home matches to nil. Ipatinga are dead last with just 4 points and have lost all but 1 away match to nil.

Ipatinga got thrashed 6-0 Wednesday night and were losing 5-0 at half-time.

Rolling Accumulator - Bet 13.

Esperance Sportive De Tunis vs. ASO Chlef.
    65 minutes, 1-1.
    €24.90 - Under 3.5 goals @1.25.

And this is a perfect example of greed. 2 goals in 2 minutes. Home team score and concede a penalty straight away. Doing what I do best/worst and crying so changed the stakes above.
    Got on under 3.5 at 1/9 bit pissed off to say the least

Got on under 3.5 at 1/9 bit pissed off to say the least

Just finished 3-2 to the home side. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭paddymayoman

Ive seen 1/200s losing,nothing surprises me at this stage:(

America RN win 2-1 - (HT: 2-1/FT: 2-1) - thought my bet was ****ed when they conceded in the first half but they regained their lead before half-time. :)

Balance: €171.82.

Tipperary vs. Antrim.
    Kerry vs. Tyrone.
    Kildare vs. Limerick.
    Leitrim vs. Laois.

€21.82 @3.55.

• Advertisement

Kildare let that fourfold down! Typical really - the team @1.16 don't win. They ended up winning by 7 or something in extra time!

So, chasing time.

Toronto FC vs. Liverpool.
    71 minutes, 1-1.
    €150 - Under 3.5 goals @1.16.

Advertisement