Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Offaly folk singer looking for mandolin/guitar player for acoustic duo

• 18-07-2012 3:27am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 79 ✭✭

I play gigs in offaly and some afters of weddings. I play guitar and harmonica. I sing a lot of bob dylan songs and on top of that luke kelly, neil young, planxty/christy moore, the clash, the doors and random songs modern and old that I think are great as well as some trad tunes like what planxty do and carolan tunes. I sometimes play with another mandolin/guitarist but he has his own thing going as well so can't fully commit.
    I would like to find someone who plays mandolin or a mandolin type instrument who could lead some trad tunes that I would back and add to the folk songs I play with either the mandolin or lead guitar.
    Alternatively, even preferably, I would like to find someone who plays a bouzouki type instrument and also plays whistle to lead some trad tunes.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 131 ✭✭glord

im a tenor banjo/guitar player from near edenderry.Not what you asked for but competed in all ireland on banjo and good lead guitar player too.

pm if interested

Gerard

Advertisement