Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going rate for childminding in Donegal

Options
  • 18-07-2012 8:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 33,621 ✭✭✭✭

Thinking of looking for a childminder to watch 2 children at home.
    Ages 2.5 and 1.

Approx 7hrs per day.

Anyone have a rough idea what I could expect to pay?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

My sister is in a similar situation (9hrs a day sometimes longer) and she pays 250 a week so depending on your location i'd imagine your looking at anywhere from 200-250 a week....bloody expensive!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,621 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Works out at around €50 per day then.

Thats nearly what we are paying now, for taking the kids to the childminders house. Might be worth the little extra to do away with the hassle of getting them up and out in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭Firblog

NIMAN wrote: »
    Works out at around €50 per day then.

Thats nearly what we are paying now, for taking the kids to the childminders house. Might be worth the little extra to do away with the hassle of getting them up and out in the morning.

Ye'd think it'd be a little cheaper, seein' how they'll be drinkin your tae an burnin your oil..;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 44 oldfart

we pay 250 or so a week
    It really is expensive!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭yourpics

oldfart wrote: »
    we pay 250 or so a week
    It really is expensive!!!

That's a bargain, if they are doing 9 hours a day 5 days a week you are only paying 5.50 per hour. You should be paying min wage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,621 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

yourpics wrote: »
    That's a bargain, if they are doing 9 hours a day 5 days a week you are only paying 5.50 per hour. You should be paying min wage

I suspect that a lot of childminders are doing it for cash in hand, hence the fact that they can't demand the minimum wage.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

yourpics wrote: »

I'd say it wouldn't be just the one child being looked after @ €250 per head.

Advertisement