Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ballyogan estate d18

Options
  • 18-07-2012 8:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭

hi all,anyone live in ballyogan? whats it like there? is it a safe place for kids? got offered a house there and was wondering if i should take it or not,cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

Look for a recent thread about security on luas green line extension. Ballyogan got slated. But I don't live there and I don't know people living there - just wanted to point the thread out to you. Typing with one hand here and can't find it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

I think the slating Ballyogan gets isn't really deserved to be honest.
    It's not Foxrock, but it's not a ghetto!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 morg

I don't live there myself but I know people that do and have young children. They say it's grand most of the time but every road has a trouble making scumbag family that ruin the place for everyone else. Just walk around the estate on a Friday/Saturday night to get a feel for the locals. There's loads of small kids in the area and plenty of grass pitches for football etc.

Apparently all the small Garda stations in the area are closing with a mega station being built in Ballyogan. Plans for a cinema and other facilities are also in the pipeline.
    HTH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭ciaran_h

hi all,anyone live in ballyogan? whats it like there? is it a safe place for kids? got offered a house there and was wondering if i should take it or not,cheers

Dont live there but heres my tuppenys worth. It looks fine to me but gets a rep due it being a council estate in the middle of a v middle class area so the locals think its beirut....take a wander n check it out....btw im from drimnagh. Another area slated by clowns who never set foot in d place on here....

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭jaspertheghost

thanks all,after being up there and talking to a few of the neighbors it don`t seem to be that bad of a place,think ye`re right about the stigma that's attached to council estates,especially if they happen to be in the vicinity of the "upper class",we`re gonna go ahead and give the move a go,thanks again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭gerire

morg wrote: »
    I don't live there myself but I know people that do and have young children. They say it's grand most of the time but every road has a trouble making scumbag family that ruin the place for everyone else. Just walk around the estate on a Friday/Saturday night to get a feel for the locals. There's loads of small kids in the area and plenty of grass pitches for football etc.

Apparently all the small Garda stations in the area are closing with a mega station being built in Ballyogan. Plans for a cinema and other facilities are also in the pipeline.
    HTH

Wouldn't be holding my breath waiting for this, the smaller stations may close but cant see a new one being built with big stations in Dun Loaghaire and Shankill.
    Govt just announced investment in 3 stations around the country all work will probably get underway just as the runup to the next elections begin so it'll be fresh in everyones minds. not that tim a cynic or anything

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Used to live there about 12 years ago wasn't the nicest area, things may have changed though.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

The best way to judge a particular area IMO opinion is to visit the local pub. The local pub in this areas is 'The Gallops'. Go spend a Saturday night there, mingle with the locals, see if you can get invited to an after hours house party etc. If you get a nice vibe and feel safe and happy I would go ahead with living there.

Best of luck and bring a FMJ. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 pearlman

i am soldier based in Dublin one of the lads is going out with women who has been having problems up there in recent times . few of the lads from the barricks are going up to sort it out over next few weeks. u heard it here lol. **** hole from what i hear

• Registered Users Posts: 5 redradio

Ballyogan is a terrible place to live, it has a huge amount of scumbags that live there, and i can assure you it has more than the odd family that live there that you would not want within 5 miles of you, there are some nice people there and the velocities have got better, but if i was you id raise your family some were else, i wouldn't raise an animal in that inbred shi thole, i hope that helped

• Advertisement
Advertisement