Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Servicing in Letterkenny

Options
  • 18-07-2012 8:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭

Ok so i know there are old threads on this but they are from 2009 and 2010 and need some more up to date info.

So with all the wind and crappy weather we are getting at the minute i think something is up with my sky dish. It used to be when it was crazy rainy it would glitch but now its just not picking up any signal no matter what the weather is it seems.

I found someone who could come out but it'd be after the weekend before he could come out and check it (he is in Donegal Town).

Anyone know of anyone closer to Letterkenny who could come out and check it out. Or has anyone adjusted the dish themselves? Is it awkward or anything as i guess i could try and source a ladder somewhere!

At this stage its a week since anything recorded without glitching and haven't seen anything in the last 2 days! (and the GF is going mental without the keeping up with the kardashions and all the other crap on E and it without that it means we have to watch stuff on the hard drive together and my gaming is suffering because of it)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,100 ✭✭✭✭muffler

PM sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,100 ✭✭✭✭muffler

danniemcq wrote: »
    Or has anyone adjusted the dish themselves? Is it awkward or anything as i guess i could try and source a ladder somewhere!
    It's not rocket science but you would need a sat finder and a little gadget that tests the signal quality. The problem is that you could go to a lot of bother aligning the dish only to find that it was a connection at the back of the box or at the LNB and not the dish at all.

Best left to those who know what they're doing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Cheers for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭Firblog

Just 2 installers registered here, both from south of the gap...

Advertisement