Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stll can't download IOS 5 :(

• 18-07-2012 9:07am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭

I have tried and failed at least 10 times to download IOS5 . It takes 66 mins to download (3 Internet) but when it's finished it says connection with I tubes server has been lost.
    I was not bothered about it until I found out I need it to keep running jelly SMS. Any tips ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Download the firmware from http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/
    Then hold shift+restore and select downloaded file

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Download the firmware from http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/
    Then hold shift+restore and select downloaded file
    Ok i did that. I tunes could bot find the folder so I added ipsw at end of folder name as suggested on website.
    I can now find the folder on I tunes but all I can do is open up the subfolders when in i tunes.
    The individual file names do not end in .ipsw and it won't allow me to rename them
    So I still can't do it .
    Help please :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

All files on that site end in ipsw.
    If you say what phone you have then we can point to the correct ipsw to download.
    You want 5.1.1 (latest ios) yeah?

biko wrote: »
    All files on that site end in ipsw.
    If you say what phone you have then we can point to the correct ipsw to download.
    You want 5.1.1 (latest ios) yeah?
    Yes i phone 4 I currently have iOS 4.3.3
    On that site I downloaded the iOS 5.1.1 for iPhone 4 (Gsm) ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

In dropdown choose iPhone 4 (GSM)(5.1.1/9B206)
    Save onto desktop
    It will have the name iPhone3,1_5.1.1_9B206_Restore.ipsw

Then do what Cathal said about hold shift+restore and select downloaded file

• Advertisement

biko wrote: »
    In dropdown choose iPhone 4 (GSM)(5.1.1/9B206)
    Save onto desktop
    It will have the name iPhone3,1_5.1.1_9B206_Restore.ipsw

Then do what Cathal said about hold shift+restore and select downloaded file
    when I download it Enda in .zip not .ipsw
    So I rename it .ipsw . I tunes then recognizes this folder as an ipsw folder but none of the files in it show up ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

somethings not right there, I've just downloaded it here in the office and its a .ipsw
    try a different browser, I'm using firefox, felixbruns.de is actually redirecting you to download the files from apple.com so they should definitely be .ipsw

somethings not right there, I've just downloaded it here in the office and its a .ipsw
    try a different browser, I'm using firefox, felixbruns.de is actually redirecting you to download the files from apple.com so they should definitely be .ipsw
    Thanks so much lads. Job done via safari. Now to figure put what's new :D
    Thanks again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

Just to mention, I'm pretty sure the reason the file wasn't downloading was an anti-virus issue. I had the same problem with Kaspersky temporarily pausing protection while the update is downloading did the trick.

Advertisement