Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retention Order

Options
  • 18-07-2012 9:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

I am considering purchasing a house at the moment and the estate agent has advised me that planning permission was not correctly granted at the time of building an extension.

However a 5 year retention order has been granted by the council which means that if I purchase the property I have 5 years to remedy the issue, which I have been assured should not cost much.

My question is: Do I need to contact the council once the work has been completed or do I just ensure that it is correctly completed and no further action is required.

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 280 ✭✭engineermike

I am considering purchasing a house at the moment and the estate agent has advised me that planning permission was not correctly granted at the time of building an extension.

However a 5 year retention order has been granted by the council which means that if I purchase the property I have 5 years to remedy the issue, which I have been assured should not cost much.

My question is: Do I need to contact the council once the work has been completed or do I just ensure that it is correctly completed and no further action is required.
    Hi
    Contact Planning in the first instance, prior to completing purchase - should be done with your engineer / surveyor. Getting an exact scope of the planners objections. Id also seek the architect opinion on compliance with building regulations for the extension as part of the discovery exercise.
    Mike F :)

Advertisement