Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your most hated profession?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭cichlid child

gynaecologists
    But I think its just jealousy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

gynaecologists
    But I think its just jealousy

yes looking an infected 76 year old fanny sounds like bundles of fun :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Solicitors, followed by barristers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

davet82 wrote: »
    yes looking an infected 76 year old fanny sounds like bundles of fun :rolleyes:

After looking at all that muff also, would you really want to look at more when you get home?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

After looking at all that muff also, would you really want to look at more when you get home?

That's an old Friends joke.

I suppose that most gynaecology is for the young. Nevertheless I wouldn't be too enthused about it either way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭jimmurt

Recruiters
    Some bouncers
    Chuggers

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭OMARS_COMING_

Carpenters.

They really are the scum of the earth.I see them walking around with their tools and hi vis vests and i feel like getting sick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭qwerty93

Joni23 wrote: »
    Security guards. I always feel like they're watching me.

Ye cnuts :mad: They remind me of the taxi driver I hailed once and he wanted me to get into the back of his car, scary stuff:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Ghandee wrote: »
    Moderators.

That's not a profession, more of a cry for help/attention.
    Mugatuu wrote: »
    Dentists!!! Basterds with those big ass needles! :o

They're not supposed to inject you in the ass.

+1 On Taxi Drivers.

Although I would call it an unskilled trade, not a profession.
    What they call a job, most people do on their way to a real job.

qwerty93 wrote: »
    Ye cnuts :mad: They remind me of the taxi driver I hailed once and he wanted me to get into the back of his car, scary stuff:eek:

:rolleyes:

What now? Dont people get into the back of taxis normally? Or did you mean the boot?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

+1 for solicitors and lawyers etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,470 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Traffic cops.
    Bouncers.
    Mechanics.
    Estate agents.
    Physios.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

That's not a profession, more of a cry for help/attention.

They're not supposed to inject you in the ass.

+1 On Taxi Drivers.

Although I would call it an unskilled trade, not a profession.
    What they call a job, most people do on their way to a real job.

Would you cay the same about bus drivers, train drivers, pilots etc? You would be royally screwed without a taxi service at 3am on a Sunday morning.

Ush1 wrote: »
    Traffic cops.
    Bouncers.
    Mechanics.
    Estate agents.
    Physios.

no explanation needed

physios? what did they ever do on anybody?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭The Mulk

davet82 wrote: »
    no explanation needed

physios? what did they ever do on anybody?

I'm too afraid to go see one after that film "American Physio", that guy was crazy

• Registered Users Posts: 2 madonnax

I know they are necessary and one day I will have to use one but undertakers......they give me the creeps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭air assault

Those lovely people who sit behind the glass in the local branches of the MIGHTY DEPARTMENT OF SOCIAL PROTECTION who have absolutely no clue as to what they are doing.

Those lovely people who sit behind the glass in the local branches of the MIGHTY DEPARTMENT OF SOCIAL PROTECTION who have absolutely no clue as to what they are doing.

i think 78 posts with no PS bashing was good going :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭bullpost

Apparently they had the highest representation of all the professions in the Nazi party - think it was something like 45% were in it :0
    cocoshovel wrote: »
    +1 for solicitors and lawyers etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Would you cay the same about bus drivers, train drivers, pilots etc? You would be royally screwed without a taxi service at 3am on a Sunday morning.

You can't compare a taxi driver to a train driver or pilot :rolleyes:

It's an unskilled and uneducated job.

Taxi drivers might get some respect if they actually drove politely, didn't speed or aggressively cut into lanes, used their indicators and didn't do u-turns wherever they felt like.

In most countries taxi driving is a low paid job for the lower classes.
    Only the history of taxi regulation has over inflated their fares.

They seem to think they deserve a better wage for what is in effect a fall back job open to practically everyone in the country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Father Damo

Chuggers. Or to be more specific, the people who run the agencies that provide chuggers. Scum at the top who earn a mssive annual personal cut from charity donations are a lower form of rat than the Roma with their fake charity collection forms.

And, even though I am neither severely pro choice nor strongly anti abortion....I am more each individual case on its merits.....I still cant fathom how the hell an abortion doctor can live with themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Chuggers. Or to be more specific, the people who run the agencies that provide chuggers. Scum at the top who earn a mssive annual personal cut from charity donations are a lower form of rat than the Roma with their fake charity collection forms.

And, even though I am neither severely pro choice nor strongly anti abortion....I am more each individual case on its merits.....I still cant fathom how the hell an abortion doctor can live with themselves.

That doesn't sound v fence sitter!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Motorist wrote: »
    Barristers and lawyers. Scumbags who will chance anything for a bit of money. Outrageous rip-off fees and the law society has disgraced itself enough times over the past few years.

The only time I ever agreed with Mr Burns-

'Before you begin, let me make one thing clear to you. I want your legal advice, I even pay for it. But to me you're all vipers! You live on personal injury, you live on divorces, you live on pain and misery!'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

The only time I ever agreed with Mr Burns-

'Before you begin, let me make one thing clear to you. I want your legal advice, I even pay for it. But to me you're all vipers! You live on personal injury, you live on divorces, you live on pain and misery!'

As do doctors and undertakers. Some professions are mostly there to be used when something goes wrong in life.

I despise drug dealers. I know it isn't a legal 'profession', but for the big, highly organised dealers it's a way to make a mint. I don't know how they can live with themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Fupping Grasshole

I can't think of any professions I actually hate but in terms of skilled, semi skilled and unskilled workers:

Plasterers, Nail Technicians, Childcare workers, Dj's, Estate Agents, Majority of Civil Servants, Majority of IT thingy's, HR & Mods.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

footballers,estate agents/auctioneers,lawyers/solicitors,car sales men,telesales people on phones,general socialites(if you call that a job),pr people,personal assistants,social workers,know it all psychologists, the usual hate list youll find here i think..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

The medical profession is a noble and beneficent profession. As a society, we would be in a bad way without doctors.

But I hate the type of people who become doctors, and I’ve known lots of them.

Some of them are okay.

However, in my experience, they are mainly comprised of tight-fisted, arrogant nerds with a massive sense of entitlement.

They talk shop all the time.
    The younger ones steal alcohol and food from housemates - or from strangers at parties.
    They park in your space/ block your car.
    They think that their crap old 3 series BMW is a babe magnet.
    They think they are god.
    They think that there is a doctor discount by short-changing others at dinner out.
    They dodge rounds.
    They have an allergy to parting with money, so other people can pay.

If you can get over all that, they’re grand. Cos they’re great craic.:rolleyes:

I can't think of any professions I actually hate but in terms of skilled, semi skilled and unskilled workers:

Plasterers, Nail Technicians, Childcare workers, Dj's, Estate Agents, Majority of Civil Servants, Majority of IT thingy's, HR & Mods.

I work in IT and it's a profession.

Is there some kind of weird snob thing going on where the "professions" are lawyers and doctors? To my mind a profession is any career.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

Health care managers with no clinical experience, or even worse those who do have have clinical knowlegde but just ignore the impact that decisions have on clients.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Fupping Grasshole

I would in IT and it's a profession.

Is there some kind of weird snob thing going on where the "professions" are lawyers and doctors? To my mind a profession is any career.

It's a skilled job imo, unless you only work in a certain area under supervision then you're semi skilled.

It's not a snob thing, I just wouldn't class the likes of a mechanic as a professional, would you?

Advertisement