Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your most hated profession?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Doyler92 wrote: »
    I can't believe nobody has mentioned taxi drivers, politicians, bankers, estate agents etc yet.

Pretty sure they've all been mentioned multiple times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

Piste wrote: »
    Paparazzi, people who write gossip columns and basically make their money writing about or picking apart the looks/actions of celebrities.

OMG you're famous, arent you!?!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Hardly a profession, but interior designers. Usually an idea pounced upon by ladies of a certain background poised somewhere between a barely scraped arts degree and moving from daddy's wallet to hubby's where she'll convince herself she can write childrens books in between long lunches with orange botoxed mates.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭fincollins

:rolleyes:

I dislike everybody who works in hospitals but the ultra-sound guys.

But at least when he retires we'll have the hip-replacement guy!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭andrewire

Doctors.

At least the ones I've encountered.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

The Mass Media is the Tyrant of our times but people won't think beyond the Feel-good experience .They don't really want to understand it's wiles an' ways .We don't care enough .It will have had it's day some day i'm certain . In the meantime morph into something else ..maybe .I have few certainties about life more so these days .

paddyandy wrote: »
    The Mass Media is the Tyrant of our times but people won't think beyond the Feel-good experience .They don't really want to understand it's wiles an' ways .We don't care enough .It will have had it's day some day i'm certain . In the meantime morph into something else ..maybe .I have few certainties about life more so these days .

a bit deep for AH...

just say fast food workers ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Joni23

Anyone involved in the production of tv adds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Sea Filly

Wibbs wrote: »
    Hardly a profession, but interior designers. Usually an idea pounced upon by ladies of a certain background poised somewhere between a barely scraped arts degree and moving from daddy's wallet to hubby's where she'll convince herself she can write childrens books in between long lunches with orange botoxed mates.

Add to this fashion journalists.

"On trend", "statement piece" etc. etc. Talking about taking it too seriously!

I like clothes and post in the fashion forum here but ARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,002 ✭✭✭Seedy Arling

Journalists and solicitors.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

MaxSteele wrote: »
    Clampers. They're actually not even human beings in my eyes.

Ticket Wardens .... You're taking up too much space and oxygen sir.

Sales Reps .... You might as well just say you're a volunteer at Roar promotions.

TV license inspectors ...... "TV license ??" ... "Eh yeah ... **** off ??"

Band and media types who complain about file sharing and downloading when no one really agrees with them.

No surprise that you're happy to steal someone elses cinema seat. Maybe if you paid you way in life you wouldn't hate 4 of these professions so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Minevah

Taxi drivers......they drive like they own the road, pull in at short notice,illegal u-turns,park anywhere etc

*edit-oh and those charity hawkers on the streets....stay away from me, I will NOT hi-five you!

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Tarkus

Unions...nowadays as big a business as any other & will screw you at every turn followed closely by the bottom feeding lawyers on their payroll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

Delancey wrote: »
    Teachers - they expect us to scrape and bow before them , overpaid and underworked , impossible to sack and use the '' won't someone think of the children '' argument every time they look for more money.

I can't think of a more self-serving bunch.

I disagree. Id say it's an incredibly difficult job. The teacher's in my secondary school certainly worked hard. They had to put up with some amount of **** and got little respect for it.

I think we are the only country in the world who hates teachers. Everywhere else highly values their teachers. It's usually fuelled by jealousy - they get longer holidays than me - they get higher pay than me - they don't do any work - its an easy job etc. Yet most of those people wouldn't do their job for the money they are on.

New teachers are starting off on something like 13k that's about social welfare money. I'm not a teacher and I would like to see them given a pay rise. It will attract better teachers who go elsewhere because teaching doesn't pay enough.

Oh and I hate taxi men. They just stop anywhere - but it's okay cause they have hazard lights. They drive in two lanes at the same time They do random surprise u turns. If they have a passenger they are crawling up the road and if they don't they are stuck up your ass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

National bikini tour oil boys fooking hate those lucky s.o.b's.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

journalists & politicians

lying feckers :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Doctors; when they think they are some kind of god especially when they misdiagnose...

Vets who are much the same.

Pharmacists who think they know more than you do re OTC meds

Ditto car mechanics.

vodafone customer "care" personnel

b of I cashiers who are rude re making you use deposit machines.

Landlords.

Moderators...

roma and other professional beggars.

I had better stop!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭LoYL

Taxis actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭Blondini

Those heavily made-up brown faced whores at the perfumes/cosmetics counters in department stores.

Looking down their snotty, brown, crusty,foundation-plastered noses at everybody regardless of sex or age.

They're usually a bunch of ugly-looking bastards anyway who failed the Leaving Cert Applied..

Bye.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Graces7 wrote: »
    Doctors; when they think they are some kind of god especially when they misdiagnose...

Pharmacists who think they know more than you do re OTC meds

Probably because they do.

• Advertisement

National bikini tour oil boys fooking hate those lucky s.o.b's.:(

dont hate us cause you aint us :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Piste wrote: »
    Probably because they do.

The person serving you at the counter wouldn't Pharmacist refers to a qualified person so obviously they would by very well informed on OTC meds.

DylanII wrote: »
    I think we are the only country in the world who hates teachers. Everywhere else highly values their teachers.

Not really, teachers here are paid very well compared to other Western countries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

Sea Filly wrote: »
    Not really, teachers here are paid very well compared to other Western countries.

The older teachers are but not the younger ones.

What I meant anyway is that society dislikes them,

DylanII wrote: »
    The older teachers are but not the younger ones.

What I meant anyway is that society dislikes them,

I find a lot of teachers have a very uppity attitude when anyone tries to criticise the profession in any way. "I educate young minds" type haughty attitude.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭flash1080

Not so much a profession, but 75% of the lads I manage over in Britain are lazy ****ers. They were carried by the company on 40 hour weeks when they could've been let go during a quiet period, yet now when a lot of contracts have landed they're not prepared to go above normal hours to get the jobs done. They come out with **** like "There's hardly any incentive to work Mon - Fri, let alone Sat." and "I don't need the extra money". Little do they realise that after this rush of contracts they could well find themselves on the dole because of their attitude and will be replaced by immigrants or subcontractors.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,745 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Bankers
    Regulators
    Politicians
    Speculators

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭ItAintMeBabe

Nurses, shower of bitches. Well not all of them. But yeah don't like em at all.

Any particular example to back this up?????

• Registered Users Posts: 51,745 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Any particular example to back this up?????

One of them stuck a big needle in his arse.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

Ooh chuggers! Can't bear them!

Most people are just doing their job though and don't deserve flack for the corrupt behaviour of their superiors, nor do they deserve to be condemned in their entirety because of a handful of isolated incidents caused by people who happen to be in the same profession.

Advertisement