Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good sea fishing spots in Dublin for this evening?

Options
  • 18-07-2012 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hi All,

Complete novice here. I want to do a spot of fishing this evening with a mate. We have collapsable rods and spinners. In Dublin city with a car and looking for a place to while away a few hours and maybe catch something worth eating. Could you please give me some advice where to go? We have no licenses (what does that mean?) and I fancy sea fishing off a pier or the like but don't want to be somewhere too crowded. Dun Laoghaire? Any and all tips / advice welcome and appreciated!!

Many thanks,
    Gumby.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭faigs

Dun Laoghaire is possible and the pier is huge although there are a good few young lads around this time of year crowding it. Coilemore is another option but is small and was occupied by teenage skangers the last two days throwing rubbish in the water and trying to break the binoculars at the lookout point. Also try to consider the wind, if the wind is in your face it's not a pleasant experience on Dun L pier, I prefer to bait fish at night there when it's quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Gumbyman2000

Thanks Faigs! Much appreciated. Spent the evening off the South side of the East pier and it was pretty nice. A bit windy at times but not as exposed as the other side.

Advertisement