Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greenstar (fuel surcharge)

Options
  • 18-07-2012 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Has any commercial customer noticed that you are now been charged a fuel surcharge on your invoices?

They say it is due to the rapid rise in diesel costs and that they are passing it regretablly on to the customer to recover a portion of the costs incurred.

The last time I looked and being out there through the media, fuel cost is coming down.

will they also be passing this surcharge on to the household customers as well????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭highlandseoghan

I havent had any issues with commercial bins but my domestic bin at home a few months ago I received a letter saying prices had to go up due to higher fuel prices. I contacted the company and they told me it was for the forseable future and could not say if the price would come back down if the fuel price dropped. I ended up ringing around and getting a better quote without the fuel charge. I would recommend that you ring around other providers and get other quotes.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭flower tattoo

I got my bill today stating that a fuel surcharge would apply but it seems that they didnt actually apply it - It was shown as a seperate charge of 0.00

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

The problem is the media will go gung ho on how oil price dropped to $90, but don't tell you that it dropped to this level for only about 5 hours - within 2 days it was back near $100 and its now back at $109 AND the dollar is at $1.22

In Euro terms oil is within a few cent of a 3 year high today and just €1.70 (1.6%) off the all time high set in 2008.

So yes the charge is valid and fill up your tank before the weekend.

Advertisement