Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Query on my first bill - charged for 2 calls?

Options
  • 18-07-2012 11:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭

I received my first bill this morning. I noticed I was charged for an evening and a weekend call. I rang Eircom this morning to query this and was told that the free evening & weekend calls part of my bundle didnt apply until the start of the second bill cycle.

My bill cycle starts on the 16th of the month. My phone line was activated on 4th July. The two calls were on the 8th (Sun) & 9th July (Mon evening).

Is this correct that there should have been a charge on these calls?

Could you also confirm that I am on the Regular Broadband & Home Phone Bundle and that this includes free evening & weekend calls?

Thank you. (will PM a/c number).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

I received my first bill this morning. I noticed I was charged for an evening and a weekend call. I rang Eircom this morning to query this and was told that the free evening & weekend calls part of my bundle didnt apply until the start of the second bill cycle.

My bill cycle starts on the 16th of the month. My phone line was activated on 4th July. The two calls were on the 8th (Sun) & 9th July (Mon evening).

Is this correct that there should have been a charge on these calls?

Could you also confirm that I am on the Regular Broadband & Home Phone Bundle and that this includes free evening & weekend calls?

Thank you. (will PM a/c number).

Hi Mr Cumulonimbus,

The talktime / bundle packages are not applied on the first bill. This is because the line was connected / activated on the 04/07/12. The billing date for your area was the 16/07/12.

So as you only had 12 days in which you could have made calls (that would have been included in the package had it been applied)

It works out cheaper to charge the line rental / calls for that period (month in advance) rather than applying the package which you only had 12 days to benefit from it.

The package was applied on the 16/07/12 as soon as the first bill was issued so all the calls made (that are applicable to the package) will go against the package from that date.

Thanks, Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Mr Cumulonimbus

Thanks for that Mark. Can you confirm I am on the NGB up to 8 MB Regular Package bundle with unlimited download usage, plus unlimited evening & weekend calls?

I just saw this promotional T & C's attached to the Regular Broadband & Home Phone Bundle info page and it seems to indicate a 30 GB limit for the Regular package. Is this incorrect?

Link to promotional T & C's: http://www.eircom.ie/bveircom/pdf/Broadband_Consumer_Q4_TC.pdf

Thanks for that Mark. Can you confirm I am on the NGB up to 8 MB Regular Package bundle with unlimited download usage, plus unlimited evening & weekend calls?

I just saw this promotional T & C's attached to the Regular Broadband & Home Phone Bundle info page and it seems to indicate a 30 GB limit for the Regular package. Is this incorrect?

Link to promotional T & C's: http://www.eircom.ie/bveircom/pdf/Broadband_Consumer_Q4_TC.pdf

Hi,

I can confirm you are on the following broadband / bundle package

Regular Broadband & Home Phone Bundle

€45.00per month first 6 months

€50.00 per month thereafter

Broadband

Up to 8Mb uncongested download speed
    * unlimited usage allowance
    FREE wireless modem

Thanks, Mark

Hi Mark, I wonder could you take a look at this thread of a discussion between a poster called "foggy lad" and eircom : James as it seems that I am in the same situation as foggy lad.

Link to thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056643981

The issue is that I have not seemed to have had the ongoing bundle discount for the broadband plus the off-peak calls and 30 minutes of mobile calls applied to me either for the billing period 16 July to 15 August.

It seems that I have been charged separately for the Broadband option (€24.79 ex VAT) and then the line rental fee (€20.96 ex VAT) from 16 July to 15 August. This comes to €45.75 ex VAT. Add the VAT (23%) and the total cost would be €56.27. With the ongoing bundle discount applied (by my reckoning €11.27, inc VAT), shouldn't the charge be €45? So then I think the total charge (inc VAT) for this bill should be €31.32 less the 11.27 that was not applied as the ongoing bundle discount?

If you take a look in the package charges section of my bill, only the broadband is mentioned, nothing about an offpeak + calls to mobiles option at all, nor anything about a discount for the bundle (BB + calls).

Can you investigate and get back to me? Thank you.

Hi Mark, I wonder could you take a look at this thread of a discussion between a poster called "foggy lad" and eircom : James as it seems that I am in the same situation as foggy lad.

Link to thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056643981

The issue is that I have not seemed to have had the ongoing bundle discount for the broadband plus the off-peak calls and 30 minutes of mobile calls applied to me either for the billing period 16 July to 15 August.

It seems that I have been charged separately for the Broadband option (€24.79 ex VAT) and then the line rental fee (€20.96 ex VAT) from 16 July to 15 August. This comes to €45.75 ex VAT. Add the VAT (23%) and the total cost would be €56.27. With the ongoing bundle discount applied (by my reckoning €11.27, inc VAT), shouldn't the charge be €45? So then I think the total charge (inc VAT) for this bill should be €31.32 less the 11.27 that was not applied as the ongoing bundle discount?

If you take a look in the package charges section of my bill, only the broadband is mentioned, nothing about an offpeak + calls to mobiles option at all, nor anything about a discount for the bundle (BB + calls).

Can you investigate and get back to me? Thank you.

Hi Mr Cumulonimbus,

Can you PM me with a mobile contact number and the best time to give you a call to go through the bill please.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement

Hi Mr Cumulonimbus,

Can you PM me with a mobile contact number and the best time to give you a call to go through the bill please.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Mark, PM sent.

Mark, further PM sent. Regards.

Mark, further PM sent. Regards.

Hi Mr Cumulonimbus

Thanks for taking my call.

I hope the bill explanation was ok?

If you have any queries when you receive the second bill please let me know.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Mr Cumulonimbus

Thanks for taking my call.

I hope the bill explanation was ok?

If you have any queries when you receive the second bill please let me know.

Thanks, Mark

Cheers Mark. Will do. Sent you a PM.

Advertisement