Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are you getting enough?

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

I don't exercise, I just eat very little and I rarely eat junk food. Hence; Skinniness :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,600 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

I do a spin class 3/4 mornings a week. I used to do them in the evening but it was easy to make an excuse and not go. Now I'm done by 8.30, shower and into work, it feels great.

I also do Pilates once a week and I try to get a swim in over the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

syndeyfife wrote: »
    PM sent

Not him, me :pac:
    1ZRed wrote: »
    So insatiable I hit it both ways ;)

Girls alone don't keep me happy!:p

Every hole's a goal my friend!

Tonight is my night off from exercise during the week. Think I might still go out for a walk cos I have no laptop at the mo. Don't want to get caught out in the rain tho, as much as I like football in the rain I'm not fond of it for a nice brisk walk!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I don't exercise, I just eat very little and I rarely eat junk food. Hence; Skinniness :pac:

Still need to keep up your cardiorespiratory fitness. Even if you are a skinnymalink. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Last year when I stopped training I cut out all crap food and had a massive growth spurt to 6ft so I became kind of skinny and lanky which I hated!

Bulking up nicely now that I'm on 2+ litres of milk and added a load more protein to my diet. Could do more exercise tbh considering I have a heap of time.

Larianne wrote: »
    Still need to keep up your cardiorespiratory fitness. Even if you are a skinnymalink. ;)

:D:D:D

Not heard that since I was in primary school, thanks for the laugh!!!

Couldn't be arsed :L I don't care if I'm fit just as long as I'm not fat. If I put on a stone, then I'm gonna start training or something :L

kfallon wrote: »
    Not him, me :pac:

Every hole's a goal my friend!

You trying to cock block me?! Well if it's a competition you want I'm more than up to the challenge!:P

You never know she might like the idea of a guy who likes to play with other guys too? That's proven to be a nice surprise and a bit of an edge sometimes for me!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Lol at the ratios in the poll.

I'm proper old skool me. :cool: :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

1ZRed wrote: »
    You trying to cock block me?! Well if it's a competition you want I'm more than up to the challenge!:P

You never know she might like the idea of a guy who likes to play with other guys too? That's proven to be a nice surprise and a bit of an edge sometimes for me!:D

Not a hope....Im all for you doing what you like, but I wouldnt be into that lol

syndeyfife wrote: »
    Not a hope....Im all for you doing what you like, but I wouldnt be into that lol

I did not imply a bi three way if that's what you think!

But now that I'm more comfortable with my sexuality I see nothing of it to tell girls if they're curious. And some find it hot. Surprisingly.

I knew well it wouldn't work for you, I was only fucking with you!;) :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Sea Filly

tmc86 wrote: »
    Heavy gym session 5 days a week
    Swim 2 evenings
    about 45 mins brisk walking a day - work and back

Whoa. :eek: Fair play!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 378 ✭✭cade

I'm hypermobile so means I'm too bendy, which apparently has contributed to all my injuries!

Yea I can imagine how that would've likely done your knee in, any kicks you did in your Kempo class could've been hyperextending the tendons in that region repeatedly and some of the forms would put a lot of pressure on your knees too.

I've a friend who is double jointed so I've seen some of the effects of being too bendy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭uch

As this is a thread started by the Oracle seamus, ( pigheads darling ) I find it hard to believe when I see it's about excercise, tell the truth seamus, what do you really want to know ?

21/25

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Skinnymalink malogen legs umbrella feet... :D

On the subject of exercise? I largely follow what my 93 year old great uncle once told me; "The only exercise I take is walking behind the hearses of men who took exercise". Walk around more than I drive. Take it handy. Do work around the house lifting stuff. Do stuff you would otherwise hire people to do if you were so financially inclined. That sort of thing.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Football is 4-5 nights a week for me so I definetly get the recommended amount :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

i dont do squat n ive a physique like usain bolt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Splendour

During normal peace time I jog 3-4 times a week and use weights at home. (Hate gyms, fresh air exercise healthier and free) but due to illness I can't jog so am reduced to walking when I'm fit enough for it. I walk at as brisk of a pace I can manage and still use weights at home and lots of floor exercise. I miss my jogging though :o(

Don't know if this has been mentioned but apart from the obvious physical benefit from exercise it is a huge factor in how we feel mentally.Doctors should prescribe aerobic exercise to patients who present with depression or the blues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Splendour

Skinniness doesn't necessarily mean healthy and fit.

Splendour wrote: »

Skinniness doesn't necessarily mean healthy and fit.

I said in another post that I dont Care if I'm fit or not. In fact I know that im very unfit :L as soon as I start to put on weight tho im gonna start exercising. It's ok to be lazy when you're skinny but theres nothing worse than a fat lazy person :L

Football tonight, woooo hoooo, get in, 1-0, up ya boyo ya!!

I said in another post that I dont Care if I'm fit or not. In fact I know that im very unfit :L as soon as I start to put on weight tho im gonna start exercising. It's ok to be lazy when you're skinny but theres nothing worse than a fat lazy person :L

Not when you end up with a heartattack at 42! :eek:

Not when you end up with a heartattack at 42! :eek:

I meant its ok socially not health-wise :L

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I meant its ok socially not health-wise :L

I see your user name, but that is a terribly negative attitude.

It does not matter if you are fat, middling, or thin, you need to excersize for more reasons than just looking good. Being active (not necessarily very fit) helps in so many facets of your life.

I used to extremely lazy, come home from work at 5.15 and just around doing nothing until bedtime. I was never "overweight", but I certainly was not slim. I found that I was enjoying things less and less, including eating, drinking, sleeping and even fúcking.

I took up a few different things about 2 years ago, and while I have not lost a huge amount of weight, I would consider myself above average fitness wise and would be pretty toned all over. I also have a much better outlook on things. My mind is a lot more sharp. I find I sleep/rest far far better and I enjoy my grub far more as well. Not been too bad for the sex life either I must add.

TL/DR - excersize. Its good for you. In more ways than you think.

gimmick wrote: »
    I see your user name, but that is a terribly negative attitude.

It does not matter if you are fat, middling, or thin, you need to excersize for more reasons than just looking good. Being active (not necessarily very fit) helps in so many facets of your life.

I used to extremely lazy, come home from work at 5.15 and just around doing nothing until bedtime. I was never "overweight", but I certainly was not slim. I found that I was enjoying things less and less, including eating, drinking, sleeping and even fúcking.

I took up a few different things about 2 years ago, and while I have not lost a huge amount of weight, I would consider myself above average fitness wise and would be pretty toned all over. I also have a much better outlook on things. My mind is a lot more sharp. I find I sleep/rest far far better and I enjoy my grub far more as well. Not been too bad for the sex life either I must add.

TL/DR - excersize. Its good for you. In more ways than you think.

I think my problem is that I haven't found what I like doing yet. I used to like doing tennis and I play it with my friends sometimes. It's hard to find adult classes though :L
    I haven't found that I'm enjoying things less especially not fcuking :pac: I think if I did start enjoying things less then that would be the kick in the ass I need :L

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I go to the gym 6 days a week for 1.5 hour sessions each time..I think I'm getting enough. That number will probably reduce in September when I go back to college though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I definitely don't get enough exercise. I used to go to the gym a lot, but I seem to go through phases - going to the gym 5 days a week for a few months and then not going at all for a while. I'm in my 'not going' phase now.

WhiteRoses wrote: »
    I go to the gym 6 days a week for 1.5 hour sessions each time..I think I'm getting enough. That number will probably reduce in September when I go back to college though.

That's a bit excessive. 5 days a week spaced out should be max because you're not getting any down time to build muscle.

3/4 days at the gym for 2 hours and a solid 5k jog (more if you feel it's not enough) during the week is ideal I've been told.
    With the weekend off you get to ease down and get way better gains as apposed to being at the gym constantly :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Sea Filly

Wibbs wrote: »
    On the subject of exercise? I largely follow what my 93 year old great uncle once told me; "The only exercise I take is walking behind the hearses of men who took exercise".

Your great uncle was probably a less sedentary than anyone nowadays though, including yourself. How often does stuff around the house need lifting?

Advertisement