Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on new phone

Options
  • 18-07-2012 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Going crazy looking for a new phone. I am on a serious budget so I can't splash out and I don't want bill pay. I have been trawling vodafone, meteor, o2, carphone warehouse to get something but the phones are either too dear, have a crap battery life, don't have email etc etc. I am with vodafone and their selection of lower end phones is pretty bad. Basically looking for a good inexpensive phone with email, internet etc, good battery life....Any recommendations? :cool:

Comments

What is your budget?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭mary_hayes

I was really hoping to keep it under 150 euros.

I've said it a few times on this site that best value phone available at the moment is the Huawei G300 here:. For your budget and needs, it seems perfect.
    There is some great info on the G300 on this thread , there are reviews and even info on the best way to get the phone cheaper
    in order to get the €20 off, you need to port a number to Vodafone.

Get a free sim from Tesco (or any other SP excl VF) & use the number on that sim as the port number.

When the phone arrives it will come with a VF sim which you can discard or give to someone else.

Get the G300 unlocked via Ebay for about €7-10.

Total cost of phone €110 plus unlocking fee.
    If you were to stay on vodafone there would be no need to unlock the phone from the vodafone network.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 JayoMac32

Samsung Galaxy Y to drop to 89.99 with meteor in the coming days. Good android smartphone with a decent battery, camera and full access to emails and internet browser.

Advertisement