Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Wont Turn on

Options
  • 18-07-2012 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has any thought's here. It was working fine last night, turned it off as usual, no problems through the day while using it.

Went to turn on this morning and nothing. Opened it up and everything looked fine so sprayed it out with compressed air to clear the dust. Went to turn on again and all I get is a quick spin of the fans/lights and it stops.

After that pressing the button does nothing unless the plugs are all pulled before, in which case I will get a quick spin of the fans/lights again.

Mobo light is on a steady green and so far I have tried removing the GPU and booting it, to no avail.

Any help would be much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

NiallFH wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone has any thought's here. It was working fine last night, turned it off as usual, no problems through the day while using it.

Went to turn on this morning and nothing. Opened it up and everything looked fine so sprayed it out with compressed air to clear the dust. Went to turn on again and all I get is a quick spin of the fans/lights and it stops.

After that pressing the button does nothing unless the plugs are all pulled before, in which case I will get a quick spin of the fans/lights again.

Mobo light is on a steady green and so far I have tried removing the GPU and booting it, to no avail.

Any help would be much appreciated
    Remove the DVD drive?

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭NiallFH

Eboggles wrote: »
    Remove the DVD drive?

No good :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

Remove CPU, MOBO and RAM from computer? Then just try and boot using one stick?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭OneIdea

Remove the mains plug, gently force your memory sticks from side to side, do the same with all power connections and your processor to ensure good connections are been made.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Nevermind - I should read things better!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭-( i )- Wicker

Is the switch on the psu definitely on? Check all connections from the PSU to make sure everythings firmly connected. Also check the headers from your case to the motherboard, in particular the power and reset headers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

try the small power pins from the switch(case) to the mobo and the reset pins aswell.. I had a similar prob a while back and just gave those connections a bit of a wiggle and all good now.

Eboggles wrote: »
    Remove CPU, MOBO and RAM from computer? Then just try and boot using one stick?

Tried and no good, also removed cpu fan and put it back on while I was at it
    OneIdea wrote: »
    Remove the mains plug, gently force your memory sticks from side to side, do the same with all power connections and your processor to ensure good connections are been made.

Tried this before taking it apart, no good either unfortunately
    Is the switch on the psu definitely on? Check all connections from the PSU to make sure everythings firmly connected. Also check the headers from your case to the motherboard, in particular the power and reset headers.

Yup, everything is on/connected.

Just to add, this was working fine last night and has been for a long time which has me thinking something has gone wrong.

I have an old PSU I'm going to test in it

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭robk24

Sounds like PSU issue alright...

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭-( i )- Wicker

I had a similar problem before, I went through every connection inside my pc and didnt find any loose ones but reseated them all and it worked fine afterwards.

• Advertisement

Looks like it was the PSU, I had a feeling I just didn't want to believe it because I dreaded putting my old PSU back in my system as its dirt. Oh well time to get on to Corsair and see about a replacement, think its only 4 or 5 months old, should have a warranty.

Thanks for all the input lads, was much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

Looks like it was the PSU, I had a feeling I just didn't want to believe it because I dreaded putting my old PSU back in my system as its dirt. Oh well time to get on to Corsair and see about a replacement, think its only 4 or 5 months old, should have a warranty.

Thanks for all the input lads, was much appreciated

Which Corsair PSU is it?

Which Corsair PSU is it?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005851O16/ref=oh_details_o05_s00_i00

Got a shipping label from them and all to send it back =D

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005851O16/ref=oh_details_o05_s00_i00

Got a shipping label from them and all to send it back =D

If I were you I'd get on to Corsair direct in stead of Amazon. Corsair are suppose to be exceptional when it comes to their support.

If I were you I'd get on to Corsair direct in stead of Amazon. Corsair are suppose to be exceptional when it comes to their support.

I did go through Caorsair, I just used the amazon link as its where I bought it and had it open at the time ^^

I did go through Caorsair, I just used the amazon link as its where I bought it and had it open at the time ^^

Tell us how you get on with whole RMA process. I'd be interested in seeing how long it takes Corsair to sort it out for you.

Tell us how you get on with whole RMA process. I'd be interested in seeing how long it takes Corsair to sort it out for you.

No problem, received the shipping label from them within about 15 minutes of submitting the fault form. Good start. Sending it off tomorrow. Has to go off to the Netherlands so that may slow it down a bit

Advertisement