Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sunday Spin 22nd

• 18-07-2012 12:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭

Will be meeting up again this sunday guys, back to the regular spin seen as the road races are not on this week (back to the Amoy races next week)

So will be meeting up on Sunday in Kilcock and or clane at 12 bells depending on who is going......

Hopefully see a few of you there especially the new lads on the 250cc's to get a bit of experience. ;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

I might try and tag along on this spin, hopefully weather holds up. Is it for experienced, intermediate or novice riders??

What is the planned route??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

It is for experienced riders with no ego that will accomodate and pass on advice and techniques to novice riders wanting to learn, while having the craic and a good spin.

All bikes welcome once you are comfortable on it, Route will be planned closer to the time but we could do the the N52 to ardee and beyond seen as its such a nice road or maybe the back roads around kildare and head south....

sounds good, have been on bikes for a few years now but would no way call myself experienced, hope i can make it could be a bit of a trip as will be coming from the northside of the city

Well I am in Meath, so if you wanna head my direction that morning on the old N52 through ashbourne I can meet you halfway or the like. And head to whatever meeting point is best.

I am a total noob on bikes (12mths) so thats why I try to get out as much as possbile to improve off people on bikes longer then me....

Hopefully see you on sunday. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Well I am in Meath, so if you wanna head my direction that morning on the old N52 through ashbourne I can meet you halfway or the like. And head to whatever meeting point is best.

I am a total noob on bikes (12mths) so thats why I try to get out as much as possbile to improve off people on bikes longer then me....

Hopefully see you on sunday. ;)

sorry for interupting, but u aint noob. saw u driving - notmany drivers have the right feeling like u, even after many more years on the road.

i have to go south (waterford) on friday, if i will come back on saturday evening i would love to join you. i think thats pretty much possible. i will text u on saturday if thats ok for you.

• Advertisement

sounds good, have been on bikes for a few years now but would no way call myself experienced, hope i can make it could be a bit of a trip as will be coming from the northside of the city

i am gonna head down there from Balbriggan i woudlnt mind meeting you if all goes well.

Bikerguy wrote: »
    sorry for interupting, but u aint noob. saw u driving - notmany drivers have the right feeling like u, even after many more years on the road.

i have to go south (waterford) on friday, if i will come back on saturday evening i would love to join you. i think thats pretty much possible. i will text u on saturday if thats ok for you.

Thanx for the complement, but I have so much to learn biker but and I always stay well within my comfort zone. Hit me up on saturday and we see if you out and about. Sure if if you have to leave early it would be nice to catch up again with you.

i am gonna head down there from Balbriggan i woudlnt mind meeting you if all goes well.

Yeah no problem, will be coming from coolock so can meet up with you, where would be best for you??

Good stuff lads.....you are more then welcome. Bikerguy has been out with us so he knows the score nice and relaxed with a bit of CRAIC. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Fair play to the lads passing on advice to the novice riders. My gear eventually arrived after a 5 week wait so ill be up for a spin soon, just cant make it this weekend:( Wonda-boy - what bike did you say you have again?

• Advertisement

I have a 2009 FZ6 with go faster red trim mate.....you thinking of getting one ;)

Great bike, comfortable & quick....ideal starter bike...better then them "HOOLIGAN BANDITS" :eek: :D

I have a 2009 FZ6 with go faster red trim mate.....you thinking of getting one ;)

Great bike, comfortable & quick....ideal starter bike...better then them "HOOLIGAN BANDITS" :eek: :D

Had a Bandit for my forst bike, absolutely loved it:D. If i had the money i would have kept it, currently have a GSXR 600

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Ill stick with my cb400 for now:D Still getting the feel for her. Drove into work the other night. Its an 80 mile round trip up the N4. Yes I had to change my pants 5 times:P. I wasnt prepared for how bad the visor can mist up and leave you blinded, It didnt help that a 40 foot was up my arse most of the way. I stick with getting some daylight experience before I take her out at night again. Im shockingly poor at taking a roundabout ( actually most sharp turns ):o I need lots of practice

Just be careful with the turns mate....not alot you can do about the 40 foot. For turns most important tip I can give you is be in the correct gear....ITS CRUCIAL. But it will help if you in the right position also, but gear is more important.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Ill stick with my cb400 for now:D Still getting the feel for her. Drove into work the other night. Its an 80 mile round trip up the N4. Yes I had to change my pants 5 times:P. I wasnt prepared for how bad the visor can mist up and leave you blinded, It didnt help that a 40 foot was up my arse most of the way. I stick with getting some daylight experience before I take her out at night again. Im shockingly poor at taking a roundabout ( actually most sharp turns ):o I need lots of practice

CB400 is a great bike!! My missus has one, I take her for a rip now and again to get her fluids pumping (the bike, not the missus! LOL) and I just love it! Great starter bike too. I used to go up ad down the N4 too and just had a hoot!

As for corners and roundybouts - all I can say is practice, practice, practice. You'll get it.

Yeah no problem, will be coming from coolock so can meet up with you, where would be best for you??

mate what about Bewleys hotel - just on the roundabout exit from M1 - we can meet there and then go together down to Gary. send me your number through pm mate.

Yeah you 2 meet there and I will meet you at the texaco in Kilcock (same one as last time Biker)

Then we see who else is about.

Yeah you 2 meet there and I will meet you at the texaco in Kilcock (same one as last time Biker)

Then we see who else is about.

Mate what about this event?

http://www.irishbikerforum.com/forums/index.php/topic/93287-killalane-road-races-poker-run/

we could maybe atend. i just remembered :)

Maybe yeah, will email the other lads and see whats what....I let ya know laterz.

Maybe yeah, will email the other lads and see whats what....I let ya know laterz.

this is also a lot of fun, no muscle involved. and its for the racing comunity, you know mate. also IBF people will go. ;) and u have small chance to win something. ;)

• Advertisement

Okay I will see you there....I am not sure where the car park you are talking about.

Whats the best place to meet you tomorrow then Ed?

Okay I will see you there....I am not sure where the car park you are talking about.

Whats the best place to meet you tomorrow then Ed?
    we xan meet with Green-Martian on the bewleys roundabout or on texaco petrol station on airside. i dont mind driving down a bit. but its up to you, you let me kniw place and time and i will be there.

I will be at the texaco airside tomorrow at 10am....is that enough time for a meet and greet and onto skerries? If not I can be there for 9:30 and leave at 10 after the cup O tae and the sausage rolls. ;)

I will be at the texaco airside tomorrow at 10am....is that enough time for a meet and greet and onto skerries? If not I can be there for 9:30 and leave at 10 after the cup O tae and the sausage rolls. ;)

btw 10am meet and 10:15 leave is ok with me. i shall see u there.

Jaysus lads 10 am thanks mad early for a sunday :D:D:D
    I will try and drag myself up for it, if im not there by 10.15 go on without me lads, i will be on a blue gsxr 600

Whats the plan anyway, are you satying in skerries for the day???

Jaysus lads 10 am thanks mad early for a sunday :D:D:D
    I will try and drag myself up for it, if im not there by 10.15 go on without me lads, i will be on a blue gsxr 600

Whats the plan anyway, are you satying in skerries for the day???

yeh bro. come, it will be a lot of fun. poker run skerries - support road racing.

watch out for Yellow RSV. i hope i will see u there.

Having a spot of bother with the bike at the moment so the poker run is off, I will try to have it sorted by 12 bells to have a spin.

Water got into the bike somewhere and the idle is well of and its running like a dog. Might have to get 4 new plugs, but I aint getting up at 7am to sort it for a poker run at 10.

I will ring you tomorrow at 11 Ed (bikerguy) and see where you are sure I will head north side anyway and try to meet you lot. :(

np mate at all, i will be on the road tomorrow anyway. thanks for letting me know. i will be on the texaco at 10am anyway looking for GSX-R for a blue1 - the fastest :)

Ed sent you a PM will see you at the texaco airside gargage at 10 or there abouts mate.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

np mate at all, i will be on the road tomorrow anyway. thanks for letting me know. i will be on the texaco at 10am anyway looking for GSX-R for a blue1 - the fastest :)
    Ed sent you a PM will see you at the texaco airside gargage at 10 or there abouts mate.

Have a safe spin lads. I'll join ye for one soon enough, now that I have the bike sorted properly.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement