Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Consuming human flesh to stay Alive, could you do it ?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭melmoth77

This thread reminds me of this sketch....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFDgSKbapzY

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

sheesh wrote: »
    there was the story of ship that sank going round the horn of africa there were 3 life boats in 1 life boat they decided that they were not going to make it unless they started to eat each other so they drew lots they killed and ate the person and continued doing this as needed until they were rescued.

the 2 other boats that didn't do this apparently didn't make it.
    :eek:

Although now that I think about it maybe the guys in the cannibal boat ate the other 2 boats.

Until I see the movie Cannibal Lifeboat I'll have to assume you're lying.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Unavailable for Comment

On the raft of the Medusa they were eating people within four days. Seems a bit quick to get to that point! Hungry feckers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

Rabidlamb wrote: »
    Me, no qualms, I'm quite the fat ****er so I'd have to watch out for my fellow survivors causing me an accident.
    I reckon I could go 3 days max then I'd be noshing the hind quarters off some poor unfortunate.
    Would like it cooked first mind but maybe it's not the place to be fussy.

Could you break one of society's final taboos to stay alive.

i would cook it first .

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I'd have no real problem with it. Prefer it cooked of course.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,624 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

MadPatrick wrote: »
    I'd like to eat human before I die, just out of curiosity. But it's not likely to happen.
    more likely than you think if you are a smoker there is a good chance they'll have to amputate something later on

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,624 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

I'd say Bear Grylls cameraman has had some sleepless nights in his time !
    Hotel air conditioning too noisy ?

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭ComfyKnickers

there was the story of ship that sank going round the horn of africa there were 3 life boats in 1 life boat they decided that they were not going to make it unless they started to eat each other so they drew lots they killed and ate the person and continued doing this as needed until they were rescued.

the 2 other boats that didn't do this apparently didn't make it.
    :eek:

Although now that I think about it maybe the guys in the cannibal boat ate the other 2 boats.

your not a cannibal if you eat a boat.

Maybe he meant goats!!!

Sometimes things don't work out the way you planned

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regina_v._Dudley_%26_Stephens
    Saint Christopher case

In the early seventeenth century, seven Englishmen embarked on an overnight voyage from Saint Christopher, but were blown out to sea and lost for 17 days. During this time, starving, they cast lots to see who would sacrifice their own life for the others. The lot fell to the man who had suggested the scheme and he consented to his subsequent killing. His body sustained the rest until they made their way to Saint Martin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

If it was someone I cared about probably not. Otherwise pass the BBQ sauce.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Sometimes things don't work out the way you planned

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regina_v._Dudley_%26_Stephens
    Or so they say. Mighty convenient that the guy who suggested the scheme was also the one who valiantly gave up his life without a fight.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

They made a few movies about Irish convict Alexander Pearce , he and other convicts escaped from a penal colony in Tasmanian in 1822, They got lost in the wilderness and had to decide on who was going to get killed. Pearce ate them all. He was recaptured but escaped a couple of months later with another convict. They found the other convicts mutilated body some time later.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

If it was someone I cared about probably not. Otherwise pass the BBQ sauce.

yup yup just what id be thinkin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

5 pages in and nobody has made a joke about the fact that a RabidLamb started the thread:eek:

Your slipping AH. For shame

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Of course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

your not a cannibal if you eat a boat.

the people in the boat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

the people in the boat

if the people in the boat ate the boat then they're not in the boat anymore :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 133 ✭✭Joni23

They made a few movies about Irish convict Alexander Pearce , he and other convicts escaped from a penal colony in Tasmanian in 1822, They got lost in the wilderness and had to decide on who was going to get killed. Pearce ate them all. He was recaptured but escaped a couple of months later with another convict. They found the other convicts mutilated body some time later.

They found bits of him in his pocket.

Also from the wiki link "after receiving the last rites from Father Connolly.[5] It is reported that just before Pearce was hanged, he said, "Man’s flesh is delicious. It tastes far better than fish or pork."[6].

What a nutcase:D.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Actually I'm surprised with the famines in Africa that they haven't resorted to their old ways.
    It would be a two-fold solution, feeding the starving and reducing the population.

And which "old ways" would these be? And which peoples from Africa, btw?

Not to generalise or anything, of course. Africa is a continent with over 50 countrys, 1 billion people and countless different peoples.

Or were you employing a bit of Swiftian satire?

Advertisement