Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Dublin!

Options
  • 18-07-2012 12:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone,

I'm moving to Dublin in September to work in the Sandyford region,

Can anyone recommend somewhere nice to live which would allow me easy access to the green luas line?

I am not from Dublin so wouldnt know it at all.

I'm 23 and could afford about 400 pr month on rent.

Any help would be great

Thanks,
    Dave

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭Gravale

Kilmacud would be perfect. Lovely area. It has its own Luas stop. Walking distance from Sandyford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

sandyford itself would be ideal. you would get decent priced accom. in blackthorn, moreen and kilcross estates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭blankblank

sandyford itself would be ideal. you would get decent priced accom. in blackthorn, moreen and kilcross estates.

Would these areas have much in the way of bars/shops etc? I wouldnt like somewhere totally isolated

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭corridon69

I am living in Ranelagh at the minute and it is on the green luas line. I cannot recommend the area enough its quite safe area at night but it is a lively spot at the weekend all the same. It has every kind of shop/resteraunt you would need. Ratmines is the next village over (10 min walk) and has all the large supermarkets. The rent may be a bit dearer than 400 is the only thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Davie89 wrote: »
    Would these areas have much in the way of bars/shops etc? I wouldnt like somewhere totally isolated

supervalu in balally is opposite blackthorn/moreen and a few mins walk from kilcross. the balally pub is right beside supervalu but it is one of the roughest pubs in dublin
    bradys in sandyford village is a very short walk away, dundrum isnt too far either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭HcksawJimDuggan

I'm moving out of my place in Ranelagh on 2nd September and the room will be free from them.

The landlord said that if I heard of anyone looking to rent it to let him know. He's gonna put it up on daft around the middle of August but p.m. if your interested and I can say it to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Manuva

Pretty much anywhere near a green line Luas stop is a nice place to live, generally the further out (from centre) you go the less expensive and more isolated it is though. Charlemont, Ranelagh, beechwood (green line stops) would probably be the most expensive but also the closest to town and thus liveliest.

Kilmacud, Sandyford, and so on outwards to leopardstown would be cheaper but very residential.

Consider Rathmines, Its a bit of a stroll to the ranelagh/beechwood luas stops but its relatively cheap (although prices are definitely on the up) and would definitely suit someone your age.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭blankblank

Thanks for the advice so far!!

Cant seem to find much in these areas for ~450 per month. Is this because I am looking a bit early (wanting to move in from 31st August) or simply becuase my price is unrealistic?

Advertisement