Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tablet PC issue

• 18-07-2012 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭

Bought a Tablet PC of a reputable retailer in Dublin had it two weeks and it broke some software issue in the calibration. So they had to send it back to be repaired and they had none in stock to just replace it. that was nearly 3 weeks ago now I notice the manufacturer has announced a newer model at the same price. Can I demand the newer model or can I get a complete refund on the one that I currently don't have!!!! and simply buy the newer one.

Any help appreciated.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I don't think making demands will get you anywhere. The retailer is fulfilling it's responsibilities by repairing it but I would certainly be putting pressure on as 3 weeks is not a reasonable timeframe for a repair on a 2 week old item. What is the shop's return policy on faulty items? (e.g. 28 day refund/swap etc) Why wasn't it refunded when you brought it back if there were none available to replace it? I would speak to the manager of the store and ask these questions. I would look for a definite reasonable date (2-3 days) of return of the repaired item and if none is forthcoming I would push (there are polite ways of doing this other than making demands) for a refund. You may have to contact the shop's head office to speed this along.

The fact that the manufacturer has a new model carries no weight here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Under consumer law, you are entitled to a refund, replacement or repair. The idea is that both parties should come to a mutual, reasonable agreement. By offering to repair the tablet, the retailer is fulfilling their requirements.

If they don't manage to effect a repair in a reasonable timeframe, then you could be entitled to look for one of the other two options.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

What was the nature of the fault exactly? Software issues maybe considered user error.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Boom Boom

Hi guys

Thanks for the responses

@GCDLawstudent basically the screen inverted itself if you swiped left it went right if you tapped an app at the top off the screen it opened the corresponding one on the bottom of the screen basically the calibration got screwed up.

Still haven't got it back yet and it went in on 29 June for repair.........becoming a joke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Did you try turning it round? Only kidding.

Registered letter explaining if you don't have it back in five working days you are rejecting the goods as the reasonable time for them to fix it has passed.

Followed up with a small claims court claim if they don't play ball. Something can't be away for repair for 150% of the time you've owned it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement