Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bottle Banks?

Options
  • 18-07-2012 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm living in the city centre, and the closest bottle bank to me seems to be the ones out across the road from Tescos on the Headford Rd (?) - near the Black Box theatre, kind of behind the cinema.

I don't have a car, and this is a fair distance to walk with my various accumulated empty bolognese jars and beer bottles (not mine). Is there anywhere closer? It seems passing strange that there aren't more around.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,475 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

There are/were ones in City Hall as well but that may be just as far for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭01902

The off licence car park pretty much opposite the fire station.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,161 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

01902 wrote: »
    The off licence car park pretty much opposite the fire station.
    Which has been gone for at least a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭01902

Which has been gone for at least a year.

Must do more recycling!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭mcmurphy995

Where is the nearest one for Domnick St ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,161 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Where is the nearest one for Domnick St ?
    Dyke Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

There's one in Westside too. Think it's now behind the Pitch. Red bus goes up Shantalla to nearby.

Did they not move the Fire Station one to somewhere near the Claddagh Hall/Swamp area?
    Had the same problem when they moved the Fairgreen one without giving any notice. Same when they decided to bring the one from the bottom of the Dyke Rd Carpark to near the Black Box. If they tell people there may be a bit less littering.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

biko wrote: »

if it ain't up-to-date email the council for the attention of the web dept who will update the map, I've found them to be responsive in the past.

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Advertisement

Can't see maps on phone but according to the text there are no banks between College Rd or Dyke Rd/ and /Westside or Salthill.

They must be forgetting that some of us still live in the city centre and have made the decision not to use cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I have no hard facts .. but a suspicion that the inner city banks were being used by some businesses who should have known better.

And really, Dyke Rd isn't such a walk. I do it every week or two to get groceries: carry the bottles out in the same backpack used to bring the groceries back.

Same as that. But for people living around the West it's a bit of a trek. Are the ones by the Cathedral gone as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ArtyC

i have the same problem after the ones in ravens tce went but theres beside the aqurium in salthill. still a trek but better than dyke road!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

There's ones in NUIG

• Registered Users Posts: 46 lobes

Where abouts in NUIG? Officially open to the public?
    The Westside bottle banks are on Siobhan McKenna Road by the sports ground.
    Annoyed me when the ones opposite the fire station disappeared from Raven Tce.
    And ones by the Cathedral and Fairgreen also?

Advertisement