Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diving in Thailand

• 18-07-2012 2:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 441 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm going to Thailand in a few months time (september) and am thinking of doing a diving course (compleate diving novice). Looking here and on the internet in general everyone seems to recomend Ko Tao.

Unfortunatly I'm not going to have time to get there so am wondering if anyoneone knows anything about diving in Koh Pha Ngan as I will be there for a few days?

Any recomended operaters there? or am I better saving my money for something else and learn to dive in a better location at some other time?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Ko Toa is the next stop on the ferry! You'll have a much better choice. If you go to a dive school on Ko Panang they will bring you to Ko Toa anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

Me and my buddy got our PADIs on koh phanang about a month ago there's a good dive school there call phangang international dive school (PIDS) all international divers, there's a guy there from Newcastle called Luke he's very good an dead sound there's also another guy james from Manchester very sound but my choice would be luke!! They have a Facebook page too so check it out! they don't dive at koh Tao they dive at a place called sail rock, you have a good chance of seeing whale sharks while there although we didn't see any...cost us about €249 for 1 day pool diving and 2 days at sail rock!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 TonyHolland

Whatever u do when or if u decide to do when u get there don't use the Seashell Dive school near Sai-Ree beach. A few of their instructors are not helpful at all, one English guy (instructor) was flat out racist towards my girlfriend and I-- Because we're Irish. In this day and age....

Ask for Alan Andrews when u get there. He's a Welsh guy that's been there for about 30yrs and will sort out a really good price for u with regards to diving and accommodation.

Koh-Tao is expensive if you're on a budget.

Advertisement