If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philips 37 PFL7605H - flashing red lights

Options
  • 18-07-2012 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi folks,

I bought this model tv from the Philips shop early last year. A couple of times shortly after I got it, it played up on me when I'd turn it on. The picture would come and go, the Ambilight would flash different colours and the standby light would flash with a definite sequence: one, two; stop; one, two; stop etc. Turning the tv off and on resolved this and after those couple of instances it didn't happen again. I just put it down to just being a new set etc.

As I said, it didn't happen again... until today! I turned it off at the switch and on again and this didn't resolve it, though cutting off power entirely at the socket, and back on again did. Just thought I'd ask if this is a known fault? It's making me wish I'd flagged it and asked the question last year now. Do I need to do anything?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

stilt wrote: »
    Hi folks,

I bought this model tv from the Philips shop early last year. A couple of times shortly after I got it, it played up on me when I'd turn it on. The picture would come and go, the Ambilight would flash different colours and the standby light would flash with a definite sequence: one, two; stop; one, two; stop etc. Turning the tv off and on resolved this and after those couple of instances it didn't happen again. I just put it down to just being a new set etc.

As I said, it didn't happen again... until today! I turned it off at the switch and on again and this didn't resolve it, though cutting off power entirely at the socket, and back on again did. Just thought I'd ask if this is a known fault? It's making me wish I'd flagged it and asked the question last year now. Do I need to do anything?

Hi Stilt,

Sorry to hear this. :(

Do you know the date of purchase for the TV?

It's not a fault I know of. I will have a look into it for you though.

Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 28 stilt

Hi Stilt,

Sorry to hear this. :(

Do you know the date of purchase for the TV?

It's not a fault I know of. I will have a look into it for you though.

Chris

Hi Chris,

I do, it was purchased on Feb 2 2011, delivered the following Saturday.

Thanks, appreciate the help!

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Chris,

I do, it was purchased on Feb 2 2011, delivered the following Saturday.

Thanks, appreciate the help!

Stilt,

sorry to hear you are having an issue with your 7605 - in the first instance I always advise that you upgrade the TV to the latest firmware - this is available HERE: and there was an upgrade in March this year.

Next thing I would do is to fit a mains conditioner or surge protector between your TV and the mains socket - in case you have a 'dirty' mains supply in your area and the TV is going into protect mode - finally and don't consider this the last option! - don't hesistate to give Philips Customer Care agents - a call - their number is 0818 210 140 - you will need your TV serial number and a copy of your original receipt to hand (we can send you a copy via PDF if required) they will probably refer you to MF Services who are the Authorised agents in Ireland and they are excellent!

Apologies again for the delay getting back to you and drop me a line if we can assist or with a progress update!

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Thanks for coming back to me so swiftly, John. By coincidence just after it happened I updated the firmware. I check pretty regularly on the tv itself (have ethernet cable going directly into the set), and it was telling the software was up to date, which was contrary to what the Philips site was saying. I've applied the upgrade, so let's see what effect that has.

Good call re the surge protection. I know that one of the adaptors I'm using has it, just not sure whether it's the one between the mains and the tv/modem/router or the one between the mains and the DVR. I'll check this evening.

Do you think I should hold on and see if it happens again (ie if the above have worked) before reporting?

Lastly, thanks again. You guys are great, always have peace of mind dealing with you all.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Thanks for coming back to me so swiftly, John. By coincidence just after it happened I updated the firmware. I check pretty regularly on the tv itself (have ethernet cable going directly into the set), and it was telling the software was up to date, which was contrary to what the Philips site was saying. I've applied the upgrade, so let's see what effect that has.

Good call re the surge protection. I know that one of the adaptors I'm using has it, just not sure whether it's the one between the mains and the tv/modem/router or the one between the mains and the DVR. I'll check this evening.

Do you think I should hold on and see if it happens again (ie if the above have worked) before reporting?

Lastly, thanks again. You guys are great, always have peace of mind dealing with you all.

Thanks for the compliments - gratefully received :D:D

Ok on the should I call Philips Customer Service issue - your TV is covered by a two year warranty as standard so it's not urgent and at the moment I know Philips are a bit slow at turning around warranty issues - however especially with an intermittent issue if it recurrs I would get the fault logged and get it checked out so at least its logged on the system - you never know MF Services who are the Authorised Philips Service agents and are really great may have seen this issue before and have a quick fix or word of comfort for you (something is ringing a bell in the back of my mind that there are falshing light codes when the TV is doing an auto update - but again that could just be my over active imagination :eek:)

Keep us posted and if you need a copy of your original receipt just drop me a line ..

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

That sounds like an idea, John. Best to have the fault on record. I'm sure I have the receipt in a file, but no harm to have a soft copy as well - will drop you a DM with my email address. Thanks a million again!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.