Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galaxy 2 - Locked in Flight mode.

Options
  • 18-07-2012 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭

I wonder has anybody here got any experience of this?

The basics are that we have 10 of these phones on a business plan with 'Three' since last year.
    One of these has been locked into Flight mode for the past couple of weeks. 3 trips to the Three Shop in Wilton (Cork), a hard reset, new Sim and every other trial and error option that we've tried online has been useless. On the third, (waste of time,) visit to the Three store the young fella there recommended that I bring it into FoneMenders as it would be faster than them sending it off.

End result is that FoneMenders are saying that it's water damage. It's my wifes phone and I'm 99.9% sure that it hasn't been exposed to any serious water. Surely, if this was the case then the entire phone, or at least large portions of it, would be inoperable. As it is it's just not recognising the Sim card/not getting a signal.

Anybody had this problem and any solution?

Three have been as close as possible to useless and won't be getting our business again when this contract expires. If my customer service was anything like theirs I wouldn't have a business to wake up to.

Advertisement